Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best mags for CK 2011 9mm open

darthdively

Besides MBX(i wont do business with them anymore), what mags would be best for a 2011 CK arms 9mm open gun? Going to order one soon. Brands? Experience? Pricing?

I'm coming from tanfo and new to the 2011 world

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, darthdively said:

Besides MBX(i wont do business with them anymore), what mags would be best for a 2011 CK arms 9mm open gun? Going to order one soon. Brands? Experience? Pricing?

Curious to know what soured your relationship with MBX. Asking this because I am thinking about changing over all my mags to MBX. Thanks.

Curious to know what soured your relationship with MBX. Asking this because I am thinking about changing over all my mags to MBX. Thanks.
I had purchased some for my Tanfo Gold Custom. Ended up with tons of misfeeds because of a couple lemons. Tried all sorts of load variations with suggestions from Adrian, owner of MBX. Adrian wouldnt replace them because i bought from Ben Stoeger Pro shop rather than direct from mbx. He and i went back and forth for months. The mags i had bought werent even cut properly. So, i'm out a few hundred bucks because he refused to back up his product. I'm not the only one either, from what i learned.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I stuck with old style STI tubes with steel spacers and Grams guts. May upgrade to new style tubes someday but my stuff works so I’m not in a hurry.

This^^

Tti or grams guts

Dawson or tti pads

23/24 in 140s

29/30 in 170s

I ran old STI tubes + TTI guts for years and finally had my first magazine stop functioning reliably in November.  I would imagine tuning it properly could get it running well again but I just moved it to my practice mag set and now buy MBX.

So, run old STI tubes + TTI guts.  Grams works well too from what I've heard, just make sure you stick with same brand throughout the magazine.

In 40 nothing but Sti tubes grams guts tti pads. Bought one mbx mag in 40 an I got from shooters connection. It was out of spec an mbx made good on it. But mbx didn’t work in either of my limited guns. In 9 I have 5 mbx an 4 Sti with steel spacers an grams 9 mm follower works great. 

I bought MBX tubes from SC for STI and they would not fit any STI / double stacked 2011's i owned. In the end they were either mislabeled or way out of spec .  MBX exchanged them and i have not had a issue with the replacements .

My 2 shooting buddies that run CK guns / grips swear by the original STI mags with Grams / TTI guts .