Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness P Match 10mm?

usa259

11 hours ago, usa259 said:

Understood, not for competition use....  Camping hiking

Was also looking at the Witness Elite Match, listed as 44oz. compared with the 30.4oz  of the P Match.

I have a 9mm and 10mm slide for a Match. Changed to recoil spring to 20lb on 10mm. 

Shot it yesterday with both slides. Was trying out 10mm Sig ammo. It is hotter than my normal Georgia Arms 10mm.

Recoil is increased with Sig. Bur now too bad. The plastic gun  might be a bit much.

My Match has a set of Nill target grips installed. Weighs more than 44oz.

• 11 months later...

Update:  Ended up getting the P Match Pro.  Shot it for the first time the other day with Federal AE (1030 fps), Sellier Bellot (1165 fps), and Sig (1250 fps)ammo.  Was sighted in from Factory; I didn't adjust anything.   Replaced recoil spring with 20lb; worked with the above velocity differences.  Grip is grippy ;)  Even thou the gun is very light, the recoil was manageable.  Overall, really happy with it.  The double action trigger pull is very heavy and a little on the long side for me.  Is there a way to lighten the double action trigger pull weight without changing the single action feel and pull weight?

Most changes to the double action will decrease the single action weight as well.

Start by trying different lighter hammer spring weights before you start stoning or polishing any parts of the trigger. A slight decrease in spring weight can make a large felt weight difference. 

Search youtube for "memphismechanic" he has a 4 part series on doing just that.

However... the P series is slightly different.  but the the vids will still show what to polish.

I'd suggest a EG Medium hammer spring and Patriot Defense firing pin return spring. With polishing, you will get to 8 or 8&1/2 pound DA. And much smoother.