Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hands that hurt - getting old

Cyrotherapy is pricey. I second the Turmeric. You can pick it up at Costco (with the black pepper in it) for a decent price. Years of weight lifting, crossfit, and shooting have just about killed my hands. I have ganglion cysts in 2 places in my palms. Any one have a solution for that?

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Where do you get cryotherapy ?

From a Cryropractor. ?

No,seriously. I've always gotten relief from DMSO.  Just make sure you wash the afflicted area real good. That stuff will take everything trans dermal, including the kitchen sink.

My wife has had arthritis her whole life. The best treatment she has had so far is Humira. It has made I tremendous difference in her quality of life. The only problem is it will weaken your immune system so you need to stay away from sick people.

• 6 months later...
My wife has had arthritis her whole life. The best treatment she has had so far is Humira. It has made I tremendous difference in her quality of life. The only problem is it will weaken your immune system so you need to stay away from sick people.

I’ve been on Humira for months and haven’t had much luck. Really disappointing because I hear so many stories like yours about how well Humira works. My rheumatologist wants me to try Cimzia now, but my insurance is refusing to pay for it.

8 hours ago, cakedog02 said:

I’ve been on Humira for months and haven’t had much luck. Really disappointing because I hear so many stories like yours about how well Humira works. My rheumatologist wants me to try Cimzia now, but my insurance is refusing to pay for it.

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't get me started on insurance providers. I have never been more agitated in my life than when i have to deal with insurance. I don't understand how they can override a physicians recommendations. 

4 hours ago, TexasG said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't get me started on insurance providers. I have never been more agitated in my life than when i have to deal with insurance. I don't understand how they can override a physicians recommendations. 

I originally had to go through 3 levels of appeals and 4 months to get Humira approved. They wanted me to start on Methotrexate, but my liver has decreased function from years of IB Profen use for back pain that my doc wanted to use biologicals because they don’t hurt your liver. My rheumatologist finally told panel that if methotrexate compromised my liver they would be on the hook for a potential transplant and possibly a wrongful death lawsuit. I got an approval letter two days later. 

I’m sure I’m going to have to go through that same process again to get Cimzia approved. It’s frustrating because the two drugs have the same cost to my insurance. I honestly think they do this because they realize a certain percentage of patients will give up during the appeals process and stop treatment. I’m sure they have calculated a certain “drop out %” depending on how many levels of appeals they make a patient go through.  

Edited by cakedog02

its a pita finding the drug that works for you. after many many different ones, i take a meloxicam daily with an every other injection of humira. have been off of everything for a week and a half due to upcoming surgery, and i can tell you i am one hurting miserable dude without it.