Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Issue

Kmarsh1966

I have had a couple of issues and wanted to see what might be causing it.   I bought a preowned SVI, no idea of round count.  When I got the gun and was trying to sight in I tried to ground the mag to get a stable rest and the trigger would not pull.  If I recall correctly when I raised it up, it still would not fire.  remove mag, cycle slide and everything is all good.  Note to self, if you rest a mag (at least that one mag) on something it will keep the gun from firing.

This past weekend, I was trying some speed draws.  On a couple of occasions at the end of the session I drew the gun and had a similar result.  This time only mag pressure would be from the draw.  I had started with a full mag and this was part of the way thru.

I like to get the over travel screw fairly short on the follow thru.  I am suspecting that if I opened that up it could resolve the issue.  I would appreciate any input that can help resolve my problem.  

Had an STI at one time that when it was rested in front of the trigger guard it wouldn't fire. Came to find out someone had undercut the trigger guard too much allowing more flex in the grip then it should have, thus allowing enough misalignment of parts to keep it from firing. Ended up replacing the grip and solved the problem.

20 hours ago, CCG said:

If the above suggestions aren't the cause, could possibly be the magazine is binding the trigger bow when pressure is being applied to the bottom of the magazine and pushing it in an odd direction.

I've actually had this happen to me,but from the mag swelling fully loaded. It was causing a trigger reset issue though. I couldn't figure it out until Dave Dawson helped me.