Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 LR upper for Colt dedicated lower

Does anyone know of an upper that will fit on a Colt pattern 9mm lower or what milling I could do to make this possible? I have a DDLES lower similar to the Colt pattern ones by QC10 and it is an SBR. I would like to adapt a conversion kit with barrel sleeve (though I don’t know hot possible this is) or make a dedicated 4” upper (which I have never seen). I believe it may be possible to adapt .22 UZI mags to work or weld a liner in a 32 round metalform similar to how the CZ Kadet mags are made. Any thoughts or discussions would be appreciated.

Lee

69BF5B56-D1B9-4A12-8334-FB50C4C174F4.jpeg

There's nothing ready to go on the market that works with the colt mag lowers currently.

However, you might be onto something with the .22 uzi magazines. Uzi mags can be adapted to work in colt lowers, so it stands to reason that the .22lr magazines could work too. And since the feed design is almost identical to what you get with .22lr AR15 kits like the CMMG and Ceiner, I think it might actually work if you modify the uzi mags and run a .22lr upper. Don't quote me on that, though, you might be opening a can of worms here lol. 

Edited by Xanatos903

The mags that Black Dog Machine makes seems like they would be close enough. They are acrylic of some sort so they could be machines for a notch and if you were gentle I am sure it would hold up. Last round hold open wouldn’t work but that isn’t a big deal.

I think the problem is going to be machining the upper enough to clear the feed ramp and still have enough meat left to hold the kit. Could someone post a picture or two of the underside of an MP 15-22 upper and maybe a conversion kit? I don’t have one currently to try and test fit or reverse engineer. 

Edited by RevolverJockey