Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armalite 13.5

Woodsk

I decided I "needed" a new rifle this season, so I ordered an Armalite 13.5 3GN

Anyone have experience with the tunable comp? I assume since I am right handed it will have some muzzle rise and a twitch to the right. Are the pucks fairly easy to drill out? or should I go ahead and order more because I'll probably screw it up?

The metal in the center of those pucks is really soft.  Any home depot drill bit and a cordless drill will work.  Stick a piece of wooden dowel in the comp as a stop for the drill bit.  I ordered extra pucks too but did not need them.  I keep them in my range bag in case one ever falls out at a match, but that has not been an issue so far.  Probably 1500 rounds in. 

10 hours ago, Terry44 said:

The metal in the center of those pucks is really soft.  Any home depot drill bit and a cordless drill will work.  Stick a piece of wooden dowel in the comp as a stop for the drill bit.  I ordered extra pucks too but did not need them.  I keep them in my range bag in case one ever falls out at a match, but that has not been an issue so far.  Probably 1500 rounds in. 

Thanks - just picked it up today, hoping to get it out this weekend.

BTW - if anyone is thinking about one of these Dave Hartman from the 3gun show can hook you up with a great deal

• 2 weeks later...

I have Armalite brakes on 3 different rifles (only one of them is actually an Armalite rifle) and absolutely love them.  Very easy to tune for both upward and lateral movement.