Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New MBX pro series

Anyone laid hands or eyes on the new pro series gun (no web advertisements) actual hands on, bullets down range kind of thing? It looks good but so did my first girl friend and that did not turn out so well after the makeup came off and a few test runs:P

16 minutes ago, Wheelsonly said:

From what I have seen about shooting with PCC world champ S Green and talking with the guys at Limcat who built the gun is feeding issues are the biggest issue with this platform and once you get that figured out it’s just up to how fast you can pull the trigger.  

Feeding issues with this platform? You mean AR9 in general or this "gun", The MBX? I thought getting an MBX but if it won't run why would I. I have a $700 stag that runs perfect so far.

Wheels are you saying the folk at Limcat built the MBX? and like Sarge are we talking the AR9 breed or this gun above others since I own a PCC that has not failed me yet and I would hate to go backwards down this rabbit hole

6 hours ago, Wheelsonly said:

From what I have seen about shooting with PCC world champ S Green and talking with the guys at Limcat who built the gun is feeding issues are the biggest issue with this platform and once you get that figured out it’s just up to how fast you can pull the trigger.  

Wheels my reference to rabbit "holes" is related to having been at this shooting game a long time and I have been down a few (I remember when we had trouble getting handgun mags to work) I got friends who started the PCC thing long before me and they have guns that work so that was not my big worry the RH thing is applicable to just me not an indictment of the whole process. Was just hoping someone was on the forum who may have had practical experience with the new offering.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:13 AM, Underwood said:

Will do, plan to have installed by Friday and try it out at USPSA sunday 

Thanks Phil,

Is that a 16" tube or did you do the pin & weld the comp route? If they are installing the same throat depth in the tubes they are installing in the gun then it may require some tender loving care also , but it would not be a deal breaker for me. It seems a few builders are probably using the shorter depth because some forum members are having to "improve" the throat depth to get to the point they want to. You know we tend to tinker with loads and the longer depth lets us have another thing to intrigue us.

Again thanks for the feed back

Roy T

11 hours ago, Underwood said:

It came 16in pin and welded from MBX.. When i said throat what i ment was he had to open the feed ramp a little for the flat nose bullets to run 100% 

Now it eats anything i feed it.. 

Thanks I may be looking to find the complete carbine when they become available without the wait time. I like the barrel length you choose.

Good shooting and have fun with it

On 2/23/2018 at 2:52 PM, Roy T said:

Anyone laid hands or eyes on the new pro series gun (no web advertisements) actual hands on, bullets down range kind of thing? It looks good but so did my first girl friend and that did not turn out so well after the makeup came off and a few test runs:P

Guy I shoot USPSA with just got one.  It's pretty dang nice and said something about, "shooting it is like kissing god full on the lips"... So I guess that's good.

11 hours ago, Roy T said:

Thanks I may be looking to find the complete carbine when they become available without the wait time. I like the barrel length you choose.

Good shooting and have fun with it

Thanks.. be sure and post some pics when ya get it 

• 4 weeks later...