Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19c

Nowski87

Is anyone or has anyone used this for USPSA? I'm going to my first USPSA match next month and this is the gun I'm best set up to use. I do have another 19 that is not a "c" model that I can switch barrels with if need be but I rather not if at all possible.

As said the ported barrel would put you in Open division.  But it doesn't really matter what division you shoot for your first few matches since you're not going to win regardless of what division you're in.  So if you really want to shoot with the ported barrel go for it in Open.  Otherwise pop the non-ported barrel in and you can use in Production or Limited; I'd recommend Limited so you can load up your mags.  For your first few matches it'll be a lot easier if you're not having to worry about as many reloads with 10 round mags.  If you're shooting Limited you can use as large mags as you want (up to 140mm in length) so if you have any G17 mags you can use those in your G19.

Thanks for the reply’s. I wasn’t sure if it would bump me into open or not the wording is a little weird to me. I will just put the other barrel in since the other 19 doesn’t have the sights I like on it.

I will give thought to shooting limited in the future right now the goal is to shoot with my father and see if this is something we want to do, since he has a 1911 we are going to try production and compete against each other in a local match then go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, you can't shoot a 1911 in Production. You'll still be able to get a sense of how you shot compared to each other in the combined results. Or you could both shoot in L10, Limited, or Open as both guns would be legal in those divisions.

FYI, you can't shoot a 1911 in Production. You'll still be able to get a sense of how you shot compared to each other in the combined results. Or you could both shoot in L10, Limited, or Open as both guns would be legal in those divisions.

Yeah I found that out shortly after posting. He will shoot single stack and I’m going to shoot production. If we like it he will probably stay in single stack and I will probably do limited and single stack, because I’m ADD that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk