Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Hacks


dirty5thirty

Recommended Posts

The Tanfoglio doesn’t need anything else. If you can’t do it with a Super-Totally-Optimized Tanfogooglio, you need to practice more

 

The rules changes let plastic gun guys slap in Apex triggers and add 3ozs more weight to their platform in search of mythical competitive equity with CZs and Tanfos.

 

If you MUST do something? You can now grind the sharp edges off the trigger guard if you feel like it. Some people find Tanfos uncomfortable there.

 

Also, it’s very surreal seeing my photo of my gun as your avatar.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better (narrow) dawson front fiber post.

Patriot Defense grips

 

10 hours of polishing

 

10,000 hours of dry fire

 

that will just about guarantee a GM card and many wins

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Better (narrow) dawson front fiber post.

Patriot Defense grips

 

10 hours of polishing

 

10,000 hours of dry fire

 

that will just about guarantee a GM card and many wins

and 100 000 rounds per year will give u more chance to win 10$ trophy:P

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a polish, Bolo, Dawson sight, Eric G's grips, extra strength Wolf extractor spring and called it good.  I wouldn't worry too much trying to attain the ultimate light trigger pull.  I have a 15lb main spring from Patriot Defense in mine.  Good Luck! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, oddjob said:

I did a polish, Bolo, Dawson sight, Eric G's grips, extra strength Wolf extractor spring and called it good.  I wouldn't worry too much trying to attain the ultimate light trigger pull.  I have a 15lb main spring from Patriot Defense in mine.  Good Luck! 

 

 

The Patriot Defence 15.5 is good for nearly any reloaded primer seated well and ALL factory ammo i've tried.  But,  I recently ran out of winchester and used Wolf... Yikes.  Put in the FACTORY spring and the pull went from 5 1/2# to 7 1/4# DA.  But all the polishing done makes it smooth as "butta", as they say.  The only thing holding my classification down is no-shoots jumping in front fo my bullets.

 

Oh, the Wolf primers are seriously fubar, IMHO.  Seated at 0.005 deep they may not go off . Seated 0.007 deep and they may be crushed and never go off.  Seated at 0.006" deep and they go off 99% of the time with that 1% not going off no matter what I do.  And that's with the FACTORY hammer spring using the PD firing pin spring.  Now I remember why they have been on the shelf gathering dust ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 15lb mainspring originally wouldn't allow the hammer to go fully cocked.  I had to cut two coils off.  Its my second spring.  I launched the first 15 lb spring in my garage and its forever gone.  I wish my cats were in there with me...At least they can hear and follow the path of the spring(s).  I must have $35.00 in Tanfo parts/springs spread out in the garage.  The mainspring is heavier, but smoother to me so I'm staying with it.  I use WW primers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can change the mag release now, so if you're like me and have short fingers it might be worth trying an extended one.  With the stock release I have to flip the gun quite a bit to reach it during reloads.  Everything else that changed in the rules is pretty much a non-event for these guns, all the stuff that "matters" was already legal or "pseudo-legal" per rule interpretations.  If you haven't shaped and polished the internal magwell area yet, that's definitely worth doing if you're not worried about retaining the "integrity" of the frame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanfastic said:

You can change the mag release now, so if you're like me and have short fingers it might be worth trying an extended one.  With the stock release I have to flip the gun quite a bit to reach it during reloads.  Everything else that changed in the rules is pretty much a non-event for these guns, all the stuff that "matters" was already legal or "pseudo-legal" per rule interpretations.  If you haven't shaped and polished the internal magwell area yet, that's definitely worth doing if you're not worried about retaining the "integrity" of the frame.

where can I get one of those extended mag releases?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanfastic said:

You can change the mag release now, so if you're like me and have short fingers it might be worth trying an extended one.

 

Which grips are you using on your gun?

 

Henning EGD and SSI Scales make it easiest to reach. With SSIs being the best.

 

Quote

If you haven't shaped and polished the internal magwell area yet, that's definitely worth doing if you're not worried about retaining the "integrity" of the frame.

 

That’s a good point: With the bottom of the frame turned into one bigass mazine funnel? My Stock 3 reloaded faster than a Glock. A gigantic improvement.

 

G34 vs modified tanfo vs M&P:

IMG_3695.JPG.ca99860549fb9dc7a7797d933070822b.JPG

 

With magazine inserted:

IMG_0314.thumb.JPG.81e2f354e961d3e7e81127e7d00b3358.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

Which grips are you using on your gun?

 

Henning EGD and SSI Scales make it easiest to reach. With SSIs being the best.

 

 

 

I've tried all of them, I'm using the LOK grips now.  I really just need another extra little bit of extension back into the grip and it will be fine, I've trained enough with the "flip" that I can do it pretty reliably, but still I had at least a few times in matches last year that I fumbled a reload because I didn't get the mag release activated all the way and had to push it a 2nd time to get the mag to drop.  It's very ironic, I was literally just bitching about this to some friends last weekend and saying if I could just have a small extension it would be so much better.  Then BOOM - USPSA BOD changes come out saying that mag releases can be changed, and BOOM PD announces their extended release on their FB page which looks like exactly what I asked for!  KING OF THE WORLD! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dirty5thirty said:

hmm mine looks nothing like that time to break out the dremmel.

 

It's not life-changing or anything, but what it does is gives you a larger margin for error if you miss a little bit on the angle of the mag going in.  The stock magwells on these are very finnicky, the angle of the mag going in, it's very easy to get them bound up.  The mod doesn't really make your reloads any faster, just more reliable.  I have one Stock 2 modded like this, and the other with stock magwell, if I do 20 relaods back-to-back with both guns it's very obvious that it's better with the modded one in terms of every reload feels smoother and more consistent.  Mine is not hogged out nearly as much as Memphis' is, I just rounded off the edges and the internal ridge and then polished the shit out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanfastic said:

 

It's not life-changing or anything, but what it does is gives you a larger margin for error if you miss a little bit on the angle of the mag going in.  The stock magwells on these are very finnicky, the angle of the mag going in, it's very easy to get them bound up.  The mod doesn't really make your reloads any faster, just more reliable.  I have one Stock 2 modded like this, and the other with stock magwell, if I do 20 relaods back-to-back with both guns it's very obvious that it's better with the modded one in terms of every reload feels smoother and more consistent.  Mine is not hogged out nearly as much as Memphis' is, I just rounded off the edges and the internal ridge and then polished the shit out of it.

 

When the new "small frame" limited pro models come out I'm wondering if there will be enough of a reload advantage to push them past the Stock 2's in sales?

If I wasn't already invested I'd have to check one out before buying anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m too scared to touch the frame with the dremmel but dang that magwell looks hot!



Revolution concepts does a good job on them if you don’t want to do it yourself. The Glock mag slide mod they do is hard to beat also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, war_material said:

I’m too scared to touch the frame with the dremmel but dang that magwell looks hot!

 

It is hard to screw up. The opening looks scratchy regardless & you can play with a junk piece of steel beforehand if you like. 

 

Take a note of your misses during reload practice, MemphisMechanic went for style points on his gun but you do not need to be that aggressive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

 

It is hard to screw up. The opening looks scratchy regardless & you can play with a junk piece of steel beforehand if you like. 

 

Take a note of your misses during reload practice, MemphisMechanic went for style points on his gun but you do not need to be that aggressive. 

I think I will give it a shot some day on my main. Maybe keep my backup/practice stock to keep the reloads challenging lol

 

12 hours ago, kujo929 said:

 

 


Revolution concepts does a good job on them if you don’t want to do it yourself. The Glock mag slide mod they do is hard to beat also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Thanks I will take a look at some of their work!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...