Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 SAO conversion TRS trouble

dansedgli

I tried to fit a SAO flat trigger to my shadow 2 last night. Its not for production division. 

It was really difficult to get the trigger return spring seated in the right spot to get a slave pin in. 

Is this normally really hard? It seemed to need very little pressure to go into the stock trigger. 

Should be using a different trigger spring or modify it or something? 

• 2 weeks later...

lol thanks.

I'm getting good at it now having done it a few times mucking about.

In case anyone needs help, I use an punch to pry it into place and push the punch key through. Then push the punch out with the slave pin (hammer pin retaining pin) locking the slave pin into place.

Place trigger in place in the gun then knock out slave pin with the trigger pin.

Makes a nice little standard minor gun until my major gun is ready.

Shadow 2 std div.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, dansedgli said:

I tried to fit a SAO flat trigger to my shadow 2 last night. Its not for production division. 

It was really difficult to get the trigger return spring seated in the right spot to get a slave pin in. 

Is this normally really hard? It seemed to need very little pressure to go into the stock trigger. 

Should be using a different trigger spring or modify it or something? 

which TRS are you using? The S2 factory one or one from a TS? I can’t seem to get either to work in a way that seems intuitive and not crammed in there. One trigger doesn’t like the other TRS

Oh quite familiar with the process, but the way the S2 TRS engages the SAO trigger is an abortion at best. Doesn’t seem intuitive. Because the TS TRS is a way different configuration than the S2. I did install it with the S2 TRS but it made for such a heavy SA trigger. Maybe I’ll bend some of the resistance out of it and try again with the S2 spring. 

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah that’s where I was going next. I’m amazed this hasn’t been brought up before. Most forum posts say "just remove the disconnector, set the pretravel after dropping in your SAO trigger and you’re good to go" or "ditch the pretravel screw and use the long disconnector". I’ve had a heck of a time finding any reference to TRS in any posts...

Thanks you guys. Turns out it is exactly as I thought; a little fitting and elbow grease. Have a fantastic weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

it wasnt super easy but not crazy hard either. I definitly have never had to trim material. I change my from SAO to double action quite often as I use it with magwell and SAO for 3gun and then standard for production USPSA. All the advice about removing the disconnector is not necessary what so ever. you can leave it as is. You need to just get used to the install for the spring portion. It took me a lot of youtube video views and just personal trial and error before it became easier

With a SAO trigger, yes that TRS can be more of a pain when reinstalling.  Probably because the SAO trigger's 'rest' point is like the DA trigger being pulled way back to SA position.  Did it enough times that it got easier in terms of positioning, but still a chore.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:40 AM, Tok36 said:

Another forum member posted these pics not long ago. I intend on making a pair to try them out.

gh2TmZw.jpg

Kx6cSYO.jpg

Wow these are pretty cool! If you end up doing this please also post a video of them in use. You could be on to something.