Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther

johes

12 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

G34 > M&P 9L > Tanfoglio Stock 3 > Q5 Match

...Over the course of 10 years. 3 years with Glock then 5 with the M&P. I don’t switch guns that often, and plan to shoot the Walther for  years to come.

I'm much the same, except Shadow instead of Stock 3. Tend to drift back to the 34, but the Q5 is growing on me.

Edited by johes

The one thing that worries me about the Walther is the slide stop.  I don't understand why they had to put a yardstick of a slide stop on it.

Did any of you guys have problems riding the slide stop or bumping it up and locking back inadvertently?  

That's the thing I love about the Glock...there's nothing to worry about where/how you grip it.  With the regular slide stop I've  never hit it accidentally and have zero problem releasing it if I need to.  I don't really want to retrain my grip too much and I hate guns with controls in the way.

I need to go handle the Walther again and really pay attention to the slide stop to see if I think it will actually cause problems.

Edited by LeviSS

I have never had an issue with mine whatsoever. The only guy who has shoots with Vogel’s odd weakhand grip. (There’s a video of vogel’s grip on Youtube)

And you think the Glock slide stop is easy to hit? If you miss this one you must not have fingers.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I have never had an issue with mine whatsoever. The only guy who has shoots with Vogel’s odd weakhand grip. (There’s a video of vogel’s grip on Youtube)

And you think the Glock slide stop is easy to hit? If you miss this one you must not have fingers.

Yeah.  My strong hand thumb tip falls perfectly on the Glock...the normal slide stop, not the extended.  The extended one had me locking the slide back every other shot.