Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz clones (mainly Tristarmake weight for IDPA

Shootingbeaver

3 minutes ago, k80clay said:

It would seem that IDPA has just the right weight selected to keep a lot of otherwise good guns out. Another 2-3oz would open the door to many other guns that would then be legal. 

Agreed. My cdp 1911 is 44oz and my witness match is 45oz.    Not sure what a shadow 2 weights but it would great if they made it legal

On 2/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Gundad73 said:

Your right the T is aluminum.  I have the P120. I put an aluminum magwell on it and it weighed 49 oz. with empty magazine.  ESP for IDPA is max 43oz. with empty mag.  I took off the magwell and will shoot it Production USPSA.  It’s on the Production list

Curious, what magwell did you use?  I have a p120 set up for USPSA production, but it could be a Limited minor pistol for my son if it had a magwell on it.  

On 2/24/2018 at 7:18 PM, rowdyb said:

My shadow 2 weighs 46.3 oz w. An empty mag

It would be nice to shoot a shadow 2 in idpa and uspsa.  Maybe in idpa will up the weight in the next rule change.  They are due for a new update. 

• 7 months later...

I've seen some pictures online of people with the P120 on the scale and coming in at 42oz or less with magazine inserted.  Am I missing something?

I am thinking of moving to CZ platform and was going to get a Shadow 2 for USPSA and 3gun and then maybe a clone to dabble in IDPA with.  P120 has caught my eye with a few minor upgrades.  I was thinking with some lightweight grips, flush mags and maybe a polymer guide rod I would have no problems making weight.

I don't want to buy one and not be able to use it and there is no one locally that stocks them that I know of.

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

I've seen some pictures online of people with the P120 on the scale and coming in at 42oz or less with magazine inserted.  Am I missing something?

I am thinking of moving to CZ platform and was going to get a Shadow 2 for USPSA and 3gun and then maybe a clone to dabble in IDPA with.  P120 has caught my eye with a few minor upgrades.  I was thinking with some lightweight grips, flush mags and maybe a polymer guide rod I would have no problems making weight.

I don't want to buy one and not be able to use it and there is no one locally that stocks them that I know of.

I was told the p120 was too heavy.   I’m curious again. However I gave up on cz platform for now just because there is no perfect cz that fits all the games.  

• 4 months later...