Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz clones (mainly Tristarmake weight for IDPA

Shootingbeaver

10 hours ago, Gundad73 said:

I don’t understand why IDPA would be so restrictive in weight

The initial concept was that it would be a carry gun sport & that the heavier guns were not carry guns. Threw that out when Wilson started making pcc's. 

Right now I think what is keeping the weight limits (and recent changes to ccp size) is sponsorship funds from Glock & etc. 

2 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

The initial concept was that it would be a carry gun sport & that the heavier guns were not carry guns. Threw that out when Wilson started making pcc's. 

Right now I think what is keeping the weight limits (and recent changes to ccp size) is sponsorship funds from Glock & etc. 

Excellent point!!

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

You know that seems like it would make sense however I’ve never met anyone who carries a Glock 34 concealed but I know a lot of guys that carry full size 1911s. 

2 minutes ago, Shootingbeaver said:

Ha bills wife Joyce is the president so I don’t think so.    What was the exact  weight on your tristar?   Can some weight be removed to make it legal?  

I think if I removed the slide, then I am there!! Hahaha.   

Seriously, I am that far off.  Should have known when it came in and I picked it up that I didn’t have a chance.  Wishful thinking

3 hours ago, Shootingbeaver said:

He owns Wilson Combat.  Everyone says he changes rules to knock other guns out at the same time he release a new $3,000 gun that would be legal.

He (or she) knocks out his own guns, too.  You can't shoot a ewberkewll Wilson with flanged barrel in IDPA.  There was a guy who was really mad that the Wilson he bought for the 2015 edition of CCP did not qualify when they reduced the size of The Box in 2017. 

Line count shows 18 Wilsons at the IDPA Nationals, 6% of entries.  Hardly a major market.   

34 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

He (or she) knocks out his own guns, too.  You can't shoot a ewberkewll Wilson with flanged barrel in IDPA.  There was a guy who was really mad that the Wilson he bought for the 2015 edition of CCP did not qualify when they reduced the size of The Box in 2017. 

Line count shows 18 Wilsons at the IDPA Nationals, 6% of entries.  Hardly a major market.   

Interesting. 18 and maybe 1 person out of 100 goes to the nationals, so maybe 1800 IDPA guns.

1800 * $3000 ea = $5,400,000

I am sure my numbers are off by a bit, but even if I missed it by a factor of 10, I'd rather have $540,000 in sales than a kick in the fanny. 

32 minutes ago, Beef15 said:

P is still steel, USPSA lists the P at 42oz IIRC, don't remember the T, it's lighter, I think it's aluminum framed.

Your right the T is aluminum.  I have the P120. I put an aluminum magwell on it and it weighed 49 oz. with empty magazine.  ESP for IDPA is max 43oz. with empty mag.  I took off the magwell and will shoot it Production USPSA.  It’s on the Production list