Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Production Rules

Cahamp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, mike4045 said:

So I can take the magwell of my backup 3 gun pistol and use it in production. The stippling had ruled it out.

If you take your magwell off, yes you should be good. As long as you don’t have any frame weights or any milling done to the slide.

The only change I’m going to make is to take the magwell off my G35 I built for limited and run it occasionally in Production.

My G35 is a gen 3 with a double undercut, finger grooves removed, SC grip job, zev trigger, pins, extended mag release and sights.

my only concern is if I will have to take the basepad extensions off, I’m not sure if they will fit the box.

Edited by Dutycalls75

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 3:46 PM, Cahamp said:

So with the upcoming changes to production, what are you guys going to add/subtract  to your Glocks?

I am planning on at least and extended mag release but I am unsure of which one. I may eventually do a complete trigger kit but again I don’t know which one. I may break out the dremel and get a little undercut on the frame too. 

g34 mag release, its $3

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 7:26 PM, StuckinMS said:

All the mods in the world are no substitute for skill.  The best shooter will still win out.

That is true but...... It could change his mind about which gun he chooses to shoot.

and these now "production" legal mods won't make any difference in score.

bolt ons won't ever trump skill. 
I'm not sure how these comments contribute to the conversation about production legal modifications to a Glock.

I am thinking about getting rid of the finger grooves. I currently use grip tape and I think I'll continue to for this season. I might do some stippling next year.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ItZallGooD said:

I'm not sure how these comments contribute to the conversation about production legal modifications to a Glock.

I am thinking about getting rid of the finger grooves. I currently use grip tape and I think I'll continue to for this season. I might do some stippling next year.

Yeah. Not really sure what I was getting at 3 mo ago. 

On 5/30/2018 at 7:31 PM, ItZallGooD said:

I did the same thing. I shaved off the finger grooves and kept my Talon Grip on and just did a light Stipple in between the grooves. Then if I ditch the Talon I can just re sand it smooth and stipple everything or just continue the stipple. So far I like it a lot without the grooves. I don't feel like my fingers are forced to go somewhere now and I can get a tighter high firm pistol grip.

• 2 weeks later...

The stippling and extra weight are really nice. Maybe I’m crazy but after trying a bunch of Glock triggers I’m pretty happy with a fairly stock trigger, especially in these gen 5’s. A 5lb striker spring to lighten up the pull just a bit and I’m good. 

11 hours ago, Honeybooboo said:

The stippling and extra weight are really nice. Maybe I’m crazy but after trying a bunch of Glock triggers I’m pretty happy with a fairly stock trigger, especially in these gen 5’s. A 5lb striker spring to lighten up the pull just a bit and I’m good. 

That only reduces the trigger pull an average of 4 oz.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Yoder said:

With the new additional weight allowed is a weighted grip plug legal? I was looking at that thug plug.

You can put the weight wherever you want as long as it's internal. Grip plugs are legal as long as they don't extend out of the grip.

8 hours ago, OdinIII said:

I think the ruling specifically banning the Seattle Slug still stands.

Yes, because it extends beyond the grip frame, so grind it off even and it should be considered internal.

Not trying to argue but the ruling is clear. Plastic plugs weighing less than .5 ounces are allowed. Since anything not specifically allowed is illegal then anything not plastic and adding significant weight is illegal unless the ruling doesn’t apply after the rule changes. I’m sure you won’t get caught but I don’t see how the Seattle Plug can be legal under the current rules.