Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Production Rules

Cahamp

So with the upcoming changes to production, what are you guys going to add/subtract  to your Glocks?

I am planning on at least and extended mag release but I am unsure of which one. I may eventually do a complete trigger kit but again I don’t know which one. I may break out the dremel and get a little undercut on the frame too. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May touch the right side of the trigger guard to try and relieve a little pressure on the callous that builds up on my middle SH finger but other than that, nothing.  I'm the long pole in this performance tent, not my gear.

3 hours ago, hlpressley said:

And I will troll on a Glock Production thread about my CZ Limited gun...

Apples won’t ever be oranges. 

and these now "production" legal mods won't make any difference in score.

bolt ons won't ever trump skill. 

Edited by B_RAD

19 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

and these now "production" legal mods won't make any difference in score.

bolt ons won't ever trump skill. 

Probably correct for most, I suspect the trigger modifications will show some improvement for B,C,D class competitors, the ability to restrict the reset of the trigger (with striker fired guns) may allow for faster shots if they are releasing the current trigger more than they need to.

My big concern is that some may take the opportunity to reduce the trigger pull and trigger weight at the same time; Sub 2lb short trigger pulls on a gun with no safety sounds like an opportunity for a lot of problems.

16 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Probably correct for most, I suspect the trigger modifications will show some improvement for B,C,D class competitors, the ability to restrict the reset of the trigger (with striker fired guns) may allow for faster shots if they are releasing the current trigger more than they need to.

My big concern is that some may take the opportunity to reduce the trigger pull and trigger weight at the same time; Sub 2lb short trigger pulls on a gun with no safety sounds like an opportunity for a lot of problems.

Good points!

I'm an M class in Production and Limited and my 2 lb trigger in my 2011 can be dangerous. You have to be sure to not get your finger on it too early in the draw.  I was used to the first pull in DA, then when I switched to my 2011 I had a couple of dry fire ND's.  You have to make sure you don't get your finger on that trigger while the gun is pointed down. Very scary!  A good drill is to draw with a sight pic only. Don't pull the trigger. People rush the trigger pull in dry fire and don't know where gun was actually pointed. They just try to beat the buzzer.   Set a part time and draw for sight pic only. This will expose potential flaws in trigger finger and lite triggers. 

What scares me even more is the mecahical reliability of these after martket triggers. 

10 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Nothing, mine's fine the way it is :)

One southpaw to another, this is my plan as well. If I do anything, I'd be more interested in adding weight to the grip via a weighted plug or maybe a little bit of grip tape to the slide for forward manipulations. Neither seem very critical to me though.

Good points!

I'm an M class in Production and Limited and my 2 lb trigger in my 2011 can be dangerous. You have to be sure to not get your finger on it too early in the draw.  I was used to the first pull in DA, then when I switched to my 2011 I had a couple of dry fire ND's.  You have to make sure you don't get your finger on that trigger while the gun is pointed down. Very scary!  A good drill is to draw with a sight pic only. Don't pull the trigger. People rush the trigger pull in dry fire and don't know where gun was actually pointed. They just try to beat the buzzer.   Set a part time and draw for sight pic only. This will expose potential flaws in trigger finger and lite triggers. 

What scares me even more is the mecahical reliability of these after martket triggers. 

No matter what rules, how light the trigger or how fast the draw, firearms safety rule #3 will still be applicable, as will the rest of the safety rules.

Most of these mods will be psychological. That being said I’m excited that I can do minor comfort mods similar to my carry gun, like an undercut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rooster said:

I always wanted to try a flat faced trigger so I ordered an apex for my g17 co.  If i like it might put one on my production 34.  The undercut might be nice, also maybe getting rid of the finger grooves.

The Apex trigger is really nice IMO. I’ve had one on my carry 19 for a few years now. 

I just got done working my stock trigger to get a 3.5 lb pull, and then the rules change. So back in goes my Zev trigger which is much better. I certainly want to work over the trigger guard undercut, but would like to see some more pics of how others do the work and how it should look when done.