Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you like the new Production rules?

Lee G

Do you like new Production rules?  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

i could care less about that. i care about making it easier to officiate, and simpler and less retarded.

I guess it's hard to debate it being easier to officiate now.....  Less retarded?........ Production with any aftermarket part made by anyone doesn't scream less retarded!  At least not to me......

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been taking a break the last couple of years.  Actually like the new changes. It's the attitude that a lot of people have that's making me reconsider taking up shooting more again. Guess I'll just kee racking up miles on my old Road King.  

I like the changes as a RO.   I know of few if any L1 matches that have a chrono stage.  So the 15 second opportunity you get to look at a shooters division and equipment at the LAMR you can focus on the obvious.   SS gun in production????  Flashlight on Production gun  -  Yep had this one recently.  Shooter was new and gave me the "train like you fight" or whatever. 

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I shoot prod and am not entirely a fan of the new rules. I understand why they did it, but it's not what I would have done.

So what would you have done?

I probably would have done it differently as well, just curious what others would have done.

3 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

So what would you have done?

I probably would have done it differently as well, just curious what others would have done.

I would have cranked it back a bit. Every gun is on the list so every gun can get a from the factory 4 view photographs as part of the process of submitting it to the list. There is your baseline, provided by the maker. So a resource for those who are tasked with checking. New version or homologation requires the process all over again. Put it online and as a downloadable pdf. Done.

Then I'd have done the only thing you can see different from the original pictures are grips and sights. No milling of sights. No change to grips beyond changing removable panels. For guns w out them grip tape in allowed spots only.

Finally I'd cut it to within 1.0 ounce of the stated weight when approved.

41 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I would have cranked it back a bit. Every gun is on the list so every gun can get a from the factory 4 view photographs as part of the process of submitting it to the list. There is your baseline, provided by the maker. So a resource for those who are tasked with checking. New version or homologation requires the process all over again. Put it online and as a downloadable pdf. Done.

Then I'd have done the only thing you can see different from the original pictures are grips and sights. No milling of sights. No change to grips beyond changing removable panels. For guns w out them grip tape in allowed spots only.

Interesting

So basically box stock + sights and grips also no swapping parts from one approved to another so  no putting a G17 slide stop on your G34 for example?

How do you deal with Non OFM parts? if it looks like picture its good to go?

Interesting

So basically box stock + sights and grips also no swapping parts from one approved to another so  no putting a G17 slide stop on your G34 for example?

How do you deal with Non OFM parts? if it looks like picture its good to go?

Little things like that is what gets me...the 34 slide stop and mag release get in my way. Does it hurt anybody? Offer me a competitive advantage to a guy with a Tanfog or Shadow 2? Or a guy with a stock 34? Nah. I’ve been adjusting my grip and will work around it to keep my pistol stock but I don’t really see it as a big deal to anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, redpillregret said:

Little things like that is what gets me...the 34 slide stop and mag release get in my way. Does it hurt anybody? Offer me a competitive advantage to a guy with a Tanfog or Shadow 2? Or a guy with a stock 34? Nah. I’ve been adjusting my grip and will work around it to keep my pistol stock but I don’t really see it as a big deal to anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot a 17 in production because I have to buy a connector on a 17  or a slide stop on a 34 so that's a wash and 17 costs $85 less.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I actually would have gone the other way 

Fits box DA or Striker no aftermarket slide through cuts no external add on extra parts or weights 10rd minor.  

its its not as pure, I get that but you could be pretty sure that everyone was either in compliance or would get caught. 

Correct. No swapping of parts. Correct if an aftermarket company makes one that looks visually identical then it has to be called good to go.

No box on mine. Weight and picture comparison is it. And of course I make no mention of what you do inside the gun, so that's all a go.

But if you really wanted to know what I'd do it would be the divisions and that would mean none of production is necessary. hahaha. I'd have Open major. Open minor. Limited major and LImited minor. That's it for pistol divisions.

Edited by rowdyb

6 hours ago, Rockriverrenegade said:

I think production by definition dictated fewer mods. Like as stated before, I understand the rule change. However, is this not a game of gentlemen who would call themselves out for an infraction? Or is that still just golf?

RRR

The folks that I've seen get busted for something didn't know they had an issue. 

Golf is dumb. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Both my SIG P226s were 2 oz less than their listed weight. I'm to understand that there are guns on the list that weigh more than 2oz over the factory weight when new because no one at the factory weighed a gun when filling out the paper work. My area director tells me that they have not been successful in getting these problems corrected.

If we can't get some sales guy to care enough to provide us a decent weight, how do you propose to get good pictures of each side of every gun on the list? Some aren't even made any more.

Keep the list and is and make everyone who wants to be on the new list have 6 months to submit the required material or be removed from the list after that time. The players will do it. The also rans will be stuck. Competition rules change all the time in other mechanical things and make stuff obsolete that cost real money. It hurts, but it could happen here.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:00 PM, cody6477 said:

Golf with guns, literally...

See the source image

Hmm.  My new driver.  Just need some custom blanks with varying loads.  ^_^

I'm fine with the changes.  While still new to the sport, I've seen a "mixed" approach to the policing gear from local all the way to National matches.  If I remember correctly, at last years Nats, you had at least 2 different weights listed for a Stock II.