Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you like the new Production rules?

Lee G

Do you like new Production rules?  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Put a G17, XD, or M&P in my hands with a $40 trigger job and a week to practice. I’ll still beat the same people by the same amount.

Practice trumps gear. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If practice trumps why do you shoot a tanfo? Go out and prove the naysayers and shoot a box stock XD or Beretta. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, apetrulis01 said:

So reading the rules it says aftermarket triggers. It did not specify that it had to be like the OFM. So i can drop in a Overwatch Precision flat trigger now in my Production gun?????

You can drop whatever aftermarket in Production in 3 months, carry optics now. 

If practice trumps why do you shoot a tanfo? Go out and prove the naysayers and shoot a box stock XD or Beretta. 

Because I was a tard about 15 months ago not long after I started shooting competitions and bought a Tanfo. I just wanted what the “best guys” were shooting.

Now that I know better, I would have stayed with Glock. But unlike most, I have a dedicated training program, set goals for 2018 as well as a goal of making the 2020 World Shoot team. So I have much more to lose than just time re/learning a new gun.

Oh not to mention, I never said box stock guns only. Do not put false words in my mouth. I was okay with the old rule set, but loath the new bs.

15 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

My gun is not super tuned, isn't super special, overly expensive, etc.  I just don't get your point. The gun helps but PRACTICE makes you a winner.

Not sure why panties would twist on this one.

There are legends in the sport who are extremely fussy about their guns, if you read Enos's book he seems to be one who would get everything as perfect as possible for example.

Others succeed and do not feel the need to be so particular.

There is plenty of room for both. Me personally, I will never be a great shooter but I do enjoy finding ways to tweak the gun so that it suits me a bit better.

5 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Not sure why panties would twist on this one.

There are legends in the sport who are extremely fussy about their guns, if you read Enos's book he seems to be one who would get everything as perfect as possible for example.

Others succeed and do not feel the need to be so particular.

There is plenty of room for both. Me personally, I will never be a great shooter but I do enjoy finding ways to tweak the gun so that it suits me a bit better.

It's the "competitive equity" side that torques me up. And again, my issue with HQ.

I have zero problem with guys tinkering on their guns, it is just not important to me. Take @MemphisMechanic and @johnbu for example. They did a phenomenal job working on their guns and have provided invaluable info.  I'm just on the other end of the spectrum!

47 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Take @MemphisMechanic and @johnbu for example. They did a phenomenal job working on their guns and have provided invaluable info. 

And then I sold mine and began shooting a Q5 Match with a bone stock trigger, and my classification % hasn’t dropped. Hmm. Might be a reason for that. ;) 

Which is why, while I disagree with the rules adjustments, I also know they won’t change anything in the standings. You can’t beat training with parts.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

I have a dedicated training program, set goals for 2018 as well as a goal of making the 2020 World Shoot team

Nothing like modest goals.....:rolleyes:

I would stop worrying about nonsense and focus on being a competitive  B class shooter first

12 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Yes, I am saying there was not a competitive equity before and those who think the rule changes level the playing field, are wrong.

So wrong.

They're gonna be mad after spending $500 on a new trigger and undercuting frame and still. It placing any higher. 

12 minutes ago, Balakay said:

I would stop worrying about nonsense and focus on being a competitive  B class shooter first

No man,.... You gotta decide you're gonna gonna totally dominate and put the plan in motion.   No baddassmofo ever said, let me be good in B class then I'll be awesome!  

I don't know SCTaylor but if a guy or gal really wants it, it's possible!  

24 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Yes, I'm B class, no hiding that fact. TY96791 look it up.

I could careless what you think, even though I'm replying to you. I've got my goals, I am working hard to make things happen.  You do what makes you happy, crushing nuts & embarrassing people makes me happy.

1 minute ago, SCTaylor said:

Yes, I'm B class, no hiding that fact. TY96791 look it up.

I could careless what you think, even though I'm replying to you. I've got my goals, I am working hard to make things happen.  You do what makes you happy, crushing nuts & embarrassing people makes me happy.

the expression is " I could not care less"...

I am not trying to be a dream crusher and sincerely hope you" embarrass/crush the nuts" of Stoeger and Sevigny to achieve your goal of making the World Shoot. 

The point that I was trying to make is that if you have a super lofty goal (notice I did not say impossible), F the rule changes, stay off the internet and goal wear out a few Tanfo barrels. I would suggest a bit of humility because there a lot of GM nut crushers out there 

My apologies for the incorrect grammar.

I don't have to beat Stoeger or Sevigny. I don't have to be the best out there. I can not and will not; the time requirement for me is simply going to happen. But becoming a top regional M/GM is in my future.  Making it to the World Shoot is well within the realm of possibility. Do you even know how the slots are awarded?

In regards to "getting off the internet", you have no idea what I was doing last night at 9pm and 5am this morning.  No humility is needed, I've trained with Stoeger and know what he can do, know how he does it, and generally how he got there. It is not special, it is drive and dedication.

Back to the topic. I do hope those who want, will spend a lot of time & money gearing up for Production. Spending money with sponsors, vendors, and manufacturers helps the sport. I just don't agree with the changes!

Edited by SCTaylor

I get a kick out of everyone who is all worked up about the rules change.  they all seem to be saying I understood the rules and was compliant so there was no problem. at the same time they are either believe everyone else was also in compliance or that the equipment rules those guys were breaking did not matter. between the countless GLOCK parts the CGW Sig320 triggers and on and on you can see that there were many many shooters running non compliant guns at every level form local to national events.

So choose either all the stuff people have already been doing and not getting caught for matters and those in compliance were robbed or it didn't matter then and it wont matter now. 

The only real looser with the new rules is the shooter that mistakenly believes they now NEED to spend a bunch of money to make their chosen gun competitive, when in fact it already is.

I like to shoot a lot of rounds, so reloading 9mm is about a cheap as it can get.  Now you can shoot inexpensive ammo and enjoy tinkering with your pistol without worrying about getting bumped in a match.  Less stress on shooters and the ROs.  

2 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Yes, I am saying there was not a competitive equity before and those who think the rule changes level the playing field, are wrong.

Im not sure any serious shooter thinks the changes leveled the playing field and after all that was not the reason the rules were changed. The change had nothing to do with competitive equity 

While I have no issues with the new rules (they don't really change anything performance wise) I do see it as the endpoint of a push towards 'soft limited'. There was something to be said about a stock gun and we had a TON of people pushing the rules and then 'gaming' the rules to the point where the rules don't matter.  Since they didn't matter in the past, why should the new ones matter?  There seems to be a seriously lack of backbone in enforcement.  True things had gotten crazy as of late, but that was largely a product of various and sundry rulings over the years that made no sense.  Its not the rule changes themselves, its the inconsistent slide towards division blending of limited vs prod of which these rules are just the most recent map point.

I for one look forward to shooting my 38 SuperComp with RDS and compensator in production. (it holds 10 rounds, its just 3 magazines welded together., the comp is just slide cuts and the CMore is an approved aftermarket sight).

Something I I'm having a hard time understanding is why so many shooters are reluctant to admit that something like a trigger upgrade can actually help their performance. Most people can shoot more accurately with a light trigger and faster with a short reset. While it may not have have been the intent of the rule change, the competitive equity pertains to equipment, in that this will allow the top performance of the different models of pistol to be a little more equivalent. What is disagreeable about that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

Im not sure any serious shooter thinks the changes leveled the playing field and after all that was not the reason the rules were changed. The change had nothing to do with competitive equity 

I may not be a serious shooter then, because I think the changes level the playing field.

2 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

So you want no tinkering with guns and just shoot the best stock gun with minor upgrades. Now that you can pretty much make other guns better there goes your competive edge?