Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Limited for USPSA?

dstein

I loved my 9mm Edge; when I purchased it (actually, two; one for father and one for son), it felt like I had ascended into another realm.  But in retrospect, I really wished I had gone straight to .40.  If you like the sport, you're going to want to do major, and making the adjustment sooner rather than later would have been faster and less expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
I shoot a 9mm DVC, but for 3-Gun. When I shoot USPSA I take the hit for shooting Limited Minor. I do reload and also shoot Freedom 124gr/147gr out the box. Its up to you, but it is a fun gun to shoot. If you plan to shoot USPSA limited exclusively you probably want to be in 40.

I just got the DVC 3-Gun in 9mm and plan to do the same. I prefer 3gun over USPSA, so using USPSA to practice for that. Hate the scoring disadvantage, but it will force you to try and be more accurate to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I shoot a CRP Edge 9mm in 3 Gun and a DVC Limited in 40 for USPSA love them both and think it is personal preference between the two both mine have thousands of rounds with cheep factory ammo on them with zero issues time Gun will behave very different in 9mm. S 40 but for just fun there is nothing wrong with 9mm and if you are planning on running factory ammo if you look around and buy smart you can find 40 just about as cheep long story short can’t go wrong with EDGE or DVC and when it comes to calibur just depends on your goals 

• 1 year later...

I think of it this way [comparing my safe to my rolling tool box], the tool box has all the tools I need to handle big or small jobs.... Big crescent wrenches down to tiny ones, big hammers to little.... So the safe is no different. It has a DVC and Pantera 2011's in 9mm for the "small jobs in United Pistol League, speed steel and Multi-gun, then a .40 Edge for the heavier work in USPSA... The "hammer" I use depends on the job at hand. Took me a while to acquire the tools of this trade, but so happy I did; on any given weekend, I can pick any kind of match and be competitive.