Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You think IDPA will change the rules on trigger modifications like USPSA?

Rjracing

Historically, the two games have followed each other in most rules and regulations, with IDPA usually being slightly behind USPSA. But do you guys think IDPA would actually consider changing the trigger rules in divisions like SSP like USPSA just did with production division?

Edited by Rjracing

I am not up to date on USPSA, what do they now allow in Production?

Any road, the modifications already allowed take the guns so far away from "production" and "stock" as to make the divisions meaningless.  I don't see enough difference between a good Production/SSP shooter and a L10/ESP guy to matter; the guns and techniques are so refined.

4 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

I am not up to date on USPSA, what do they now allow in Production?

Any road, the modifications already allowed take the guns so far away from "production" and "stock" as to make the divisions meaningless.  I don't see enough difference between a good Production/SSP shooter and a L10/ESP guy to matter; the guns and techniques are so refined.

I 100% agree with you! USPSA now allows any trigger modifications, internal or externally visible... basically leveling the playing field between most guns. Interesting concept, but it does make for a bit more of “gear race”.

• 1 month later...

Needs to happen. It's the visible overtravel stop on my PR trigger that puts my XDm into ESP from SSP, (which I don't care one Iota about), but it's the same thing that will keep the same gun with an Optic out of the proposed CO division.

On 2/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Rjracing said:

I 100% agree with you! USPSA now allows any trigger modifications, internal or externally visible... basically leveling the playing field between most guns. Interesting concept, but it does make for a bit more of “gear race”.

Might make it less of a gear race since the perception of having to have a specific gun will go away, but I am not sure