Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 vs CZ

Rjracing

So I own a decent selection of guns, including quite a few good 1911's and CZ's, both of which are my two favorite platforms and I can shoot quite well... but I have never owned or shot a double stack 2011 or a Tactical Sport Orange /Czeckmate and I'm considering making one of these my next purchase for a Limited and potential Open build eventually. If you own and/or have experience with these platforms, I would appreciate your input on the pros and cons. Thanks!!

For a Limited gun where weight is an asset, I put the TS on par with a steel gripped 2011 which costs twice as much.

When it comes to Open I prefer a lighter gun so the Czechmate is pretty heavy at 49oz whereas a Ti comp'ed, full sized 2011 is around 43oz; if you're going to build a steel comp'ed, steel gripped 2011 I don't think there's any reason not to get the Czechmate, but if you want a lighter Open gun, there are plenty of 'smiths who will build you exactly what you want, unfortunately when it comes to a lighter, custom CZ Open gun you're on your own, almost ;)

14 hours ago, Garmil said:

Trigger is the biggest difference. I'd say pick whichever one you prefer, the straight 1911 trigger pull or the hinged CZ pull.

Thanks! I think everyone prefers a 1911 style straight back trigger pull... but my Shadow2 with some work done doesn’t hinder my accuracy or speed in any way in single action pulls.

Edited by Rjracing

52 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

For a Limited gun where weight is an asset, I put the TS on par with a steel gripped 2011 which costs twice as much.

When it comes to Open I prefer a lighter gun so the Czechmate is pretty heavy at 49oz whereas a Ti comp'ed, full sized 2011 is around 43oz; if you're going to build a steel comp'ed, steel gripped 2011 I don't think there's any reason not to get the Czechmate, but if you want a lighter Open gun, there are plenty of 'smiths who will build you exactly what you want, unfortunately when it comes to a lighter, custom CZ Open gun you're on your own, almost ;)

Thanks and awesome build! The Czeckmate is a bargain at about $2800 new with a Cmore and all. My only issue is that I would have to shoot minor in limited.

I own a Tactical Sport Orange and am thrilled with it. After I bought it, I got a Sig Max 1911 in 9mm because of so many people bragging on 9mm 1911s. After owning the TSO, the Max just couldn't compare. Don't get me wrong as the Max is a nice gun, but I didn't keep it two months as I thought the TSO was a much better gun overall.