Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
OPENB

New Carry Optics Rules

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

 

A replacement takedown lever is illegal already because the CO rules don't allow you to replace it. An aftermarket slide stop is allowed, so I'd have to assume it's legal until the rules say otherwise.

I’d say Troy response was not based on the fact that takedown lever is not mentioned in rules since the rules state minor external components like...etc. but has to do more with it being a thumb rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI I send Troy McManus an email asking about the legality of the parts for the takedown lever for sig xfive and the slide stop for the tanfoglio. He said that they are not legal. “Anything that is a thumbrest for production and carry optics are not legal” 😫😫😫 I guess that’s that.

Edited by Gviz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

I’d say Troy response was not based on the fact that takedown lever is not mentioned in rules since the rules state minor external components like...etc. but has to do more with it being a thumb rest. 

You are correct sir 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to be clear - using the slide stop/ thumb rest shown as a replacement slide stop on the CO gun is NOT legal in USPSA CO. Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lfine said:

So just to be clear - using the slide stop/ thumb rest shown as a replacement slide stop on the CO gun is NOT legal in USPSA CO. Is that correct?

Correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for clearing that up once and for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what that means for the new Beretta 92X which comes with that from the factory.  Won't be added to the Production list because of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mreed911 said:

Wonder what that means for the new Beretta 92X which comes with that from the factory.  Won't be added to the Production list because of it?

 

It probably will. Just like how you can use the beavertail backstrap on a gen 4 Glock, but can’t add a beaver tail to a gen 3. And how gen 5’s, with their flared magwell, are allowed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...