Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need slots for Nationals Optics match

BJinPass

As the Section Coordinator for Mississippi, I had the unpleasant task of telling 7 people they weren't going to get a slot in the 2018 Nationals Optics match. The demand for slots far exceeded our allocation of just four for this match. The mix of disappointed people includes some who have competed at the Nationals before along with numerous Area and Sectional matches, and some who are relatively new to the sport, who just want to see what's its like at the biggest match our sport has to offer.

If you are an SC for another state and have slots that will go unused, and would be willing to donate your unused slots, we would be forever in your debt. If you can help out, send me a PM.

Thanks...

For those who don't know BJinPAss, he is a 20+ year veteran of the sport, a Match Director, and a mentor to many folks in the sport.  He recently took on the role of section coordinator and has done a great job.  BJ is a great steward of the sport and the section.  Having been a part of the voting process for our section, I echo BJ's comments about deserving folks not able to get a slot.  While I appreciate that this may be happening in many sections across USPSA, if there is a distant section that won't be using their slots, rest assured that they will be going to good folks.

Man.... 

An SC going above and beyond for the section members. That’s what I’m talking about. Hats off to you Bill. 

Id honestly be willing to bet that this years MS section slots where better communicated, better organized, and more transparent than any other sections out there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 7:25 PM, Ssanders224 said:

Man.... 

An SC going above and beyond for the section members. That’s what I’m talking about. Hats off to you Bill. 

Id honestly be willing to bet that this years MS section slots where better communicated, better organized, and more transparent than any other sections out there. 

Don't get me started.....