Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder stuck brass fix

How do you get rid of 1 out of every 40 pieces of brass being stuck half way into the chute but wedged between the casefeeder plate and the shell?  2 of your favorite beverage top openers.  At least for me the most common cause of a piece of brass not dropping was because another one was above it locking it in place about half way out of the casefeeder.  Of course 2 separate case feed ramp blocks would have been best depending on whether you're loading rifle or pistol, but since I only had the one, wedging it out with some readily available materials seems to have solved the problem.

This is the large shell plate and I'm loading .40 brass.  YMMV with others

1050 Casefeeder 1.JPG

1050 Casefeeder 2.JPG

Edited by V2plus25

2 hours ago, GregJ said:

Nice.

Is this a newer style case feeder?  My 1050 from last year doesnt have that piece.  I had to cut/tape a piece of plastic with a lip bent out as a flipper to do the same thing.

Wow I guess they decided to update their casefeeder between last year and this year.  This one is about 3 months old.

My case feeder is less than a year old and looks similar to the one in ChuckS' pictures. Mine doesn't have any issues with jamming or stuck shells.  I run the small plate for both my 9mm and .40 loads also.

Edited by muncie21

From the pic's it looks like can you drill and tap a hole in the case feeder behind the wedge deflector piece and install a screw to move the deflector where you need it. Or use a self tapping screw. It would look cleaner and you wouldn't have to drink two cans of beer to get the tabs. Hey wait a second...drill the hole first then drink two cans of beer to celebrate a job well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a remedy that seems to work extremely well.  Ever sense making this modification filing these ends down no more cases getting stuck at the top of the case feeder or dropping one in upside down. I think Dillon should possibly take a closer look at something like this, it stops more than one case getting to the top of the case feeder and getting jammed and stopping the case feeder from rotating along with occasionally dropping one in upside down, it’s been working very very well for me.

AD7983C6-3583-47B0-87AD-0FEE82CC6A3F.jpeg

E65BACE7-E62D-4D1A-8C7B-BB13D05E6C80.jpeg

This discussion got me thinkIng, and so I figured I’d go all high tech with it.  Paper clip.  Works like a million bucks!  (Well, maybe a million pennies. It could use a little more securement with maybe a little duct tape or something. Almost there, though.)

1BB2B904-A1C3-4448-A5FB-F1D455AA5226.jpeg

Edited by jkrispies

13 hours ago, jkrispies said:

This discussion got me thinkIng, and so I figured I’d go all high tech with it.  Paper clip.  Works like a million bucks!  (Well, maybe a million pennies. It could use a little more securement with maybe a little duct tape or something. Almost there, though.)

I like the clip idea, I will have to add it to mine, I have the old type too since its from 2004

feederr2.jpg

feederr1.jpg

On 2/25/2018 at 10:08 AM, tmz said:

Here’s a remedy that seems to work extremely well.  Ever sense making this modification filing these ends down no more cases getting stuck at the top of the case feeder or dropping one in upside down. I think Dillon should possibly take a closer look at something like this, it stops more than one case getting to the top of the case feeder and getting jammed and stopping the case feeder from rotating along with occasionally dropping one in upside down, it’s been working very very well for me.

AD7983C6-3583-47B0-87AD-0FEE82CC6A3F.jpeg

How did you cut those down?  Looks nice and uniform.

15 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

How did you cut those down?  Looks nice and uniform.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:08 AM, tmz said:

This is great, I am going to give this a try and find one of those paper clips as well, getting tired of stuck cases.  

• 4 weeks later...

Too much case lube or left over corncob media in the collator? Just wiping mine down helped somewhat, but filing down those ends somewhat will help with stuck cases. Just don't file it down too much or it won't disturb the cases enough to cause them to fall into the slots.  

• 6 months later...
I’ve tried filling the plate as shown and the paperclip mod(keeps falling off) and still have this issue. 

Next i I will try bracing the case feeder to the wall and see if it helps. Anyone been down that path before?

Mine is attached to the wall. Completely isolated from the press. Along with the filed down humps as shown above. Still get stuck cases. None upside down though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/5/2018 at 10:35 AM, cvincent said:

Mine is attached to the wall. Completely isolated from the press. Along with the filed down humps as shown above. Still get stuck cases. None upside down though.

Well that makes me not want to drill holes in my wall if it didn't fix the problem for you. Has anyone had any luck with other fixes?