Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 & DPP - Recoil Spring Weight

Hooked

Hi all,

Just got my Henning mount for my S2 and Deltapoint Pro. Was running a 13# spring with my 130pf loads and open sights but need to go with a lighter spring for the red dot.

I was able to find a 10# spring and the gun cycles fine now, but the brass doesn’t eject more than 2-3 feet.

Anyone running a similar set up, and if so, what weight of spring are you using?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I am now running Shadow 2 OR with DPP on a original CZ mount. Currently using 13lb recoil spring and shooting Bulk Factory ammunition (Geco or Sellier&Bellot). How do I know if a lighter spring would help with recoil? Putting the DPP on top increased the recoil noticeably.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 11:51 AM, Slowmisses said:

I am now running Shadow 2 OR with DPP on a original CZ mount. Currently using 13lb recoil spring and shooting Bulk Factory ammunition (Geco or Sellier&Bellot). How do I know if a lighter spring would help with recoil? Putting the DPP on top increased the recoil noticeably.

Someone must know what to use with factory ammo?

• 1 month later...

Have someone video you in slow mo then watch the muzzle as the slide goes into battery. If the muzzle dips or nose dives the spring is to heavy. If muzzle (sights or dot) finishes above POA then go lighter. Ideally you want a spring that will return sights exactly to POA.

• 2 months later...