Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution and Revolution

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Interesting...."no longer making them" and catching up on back orders are two completely different things. I find it hard to believe that Mark 7 is no longer making Evolution Presses, and more likely to be playing catch up.....and not honoring orders from vendors. Sounds like an issue between Shooters Connection and Mark 7 and unfortunately your buddy was caught in the middle. Be nice if Mark 7 would weigh in with some info. 

We over here at Mark 7 are most assuredly still producing Evolution's and have no plan to stop anytime soon. We are just not taking any new order's to focus on our previous order's at this time. Also we have a good relationship with shooters connections as they are our dealer and we enjoy having them as such, so there is no disdain for one another and look forward to making more orders for them. At this time we are not aware of any orders that were cancelled after they were paid for prior to us putting a halt on future orders to fulfill back orders first.

Mark 7 Team

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Come back with verbatim information. Not trying to be rude, but that's a huge accusation on a company. Not "honoring" the order by saying it'll be indefinitely back-ordered and we have to refund you,  is one thing. Say tough poo Jack, we aint making no more so hit the road & we're mailing you a check, is a whole 'nother thing.

I agree with you completely. Sounds like I have my answer--no one else seems to have heard anything other than they are catching up as their web page states. I'll see what my buddy is willing to share. Thanks.

Edited by kmc

6 minutes ago, Mark7 said:

We over here at Mark 7 are most assuredly still producing Evolution's and have no plan to stop anytime soon. We are just not taking any new order's to focus on our previous order's at this time. Also we have a good relationship with shooters connections as they are our dealer and we enjoy having them as such, so there is no disdain for one another and look forward to making more orders for them. At this time we are not aware of any orders that were cancelled after they were paid for prior to us putting a halt on future orders to fulfill back orders first.

Mark 7 Team

Thanks you for your response and the clarity. I'll share it with my buddy.

Edited by kmc

6 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Mark 7 Team

Thanks for following up on this one. By the way did you ship an Evolutions to DAA in a last few days? Last time I checked I was #3 on the list. Cheers, Alan

• 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, slavex said:

then the sizing die above the primer station?

Any others doing this?  I think I might???   I would use the de-capping pin retainer without the pin for the hold down while sizing.

I would use the Mighty Armory® Universal Decapping Die in station two and Swage hold down in station three.

Edited by Norm37

On 8/25/2018 at 12:50 AM, kmc said:

I'm sitting at a cross roads, looking for an upgrade to either a 1050 or an Evolution. I've been leaning Mark 7 but about the time I was ready to make the decision, they stopped taking orders. Now I'm told others are getting calls saying their previous orders will not be honored. Does anyone know if the Evolution will be available? and maybe more importantly, is it really worth the premium and the wait? I really don't see spending the money to go with the Revolution where I believe orders are still being honored.

Still waiting for updates to see if MarkVII makes it right.  I ordered on 2/19.  I ordered a 9mm, 1050 to Evo kit for the autodrive, and EVERYTHING(accordingly to the girl I ordered through, not Misty) to changeover to .223.  I just received the machine last week after similar information as some of the previous posters.  The wait.  it is what it is, I'm not going crazy over here after waiting almost 2 years for my SVI.  Then when the girl calls to collect CC info.  She proceeds to tell me that they "undercharged" me for shipping and that I would have to pay more.  They blamed their "shipping software" which is an outside company and said it wasn't my fault or theirs'. Soooo again, whatever, I want to be done with the whole transaction, get the press and start reloading but did not have much ambition to deal with them moving forward.  I receive the machine this week and open it up.  I got all the parts previously mentioned and toolhead, but no changeover kit for the .223 and I also asked the girl who initially took my order to swap the 9mm dies for .223 because I already had 9mm dies...  Lee 9mm dies showed up.

I'm obviously pretty frustrated and call today to let them know what went on.  I talk to an employee there who I wont name, but have had great cs from in the past, and they say "im sorry, we'll get this fixed for you, let me talk to some people".  Later, I get an email acknowledging they forgot to ship some parts but also said there are also parts that I need to purchase in order to convert it fully lol.  Their website has changed quite considerably from when I initially did my pre-order and now things are packaged differently and I'm not sure if they forgot about their initial customers or what.  When I ask "is this everything I need to change from 9mm to .223(shell plate, MBF plate, etc)" And the employee says yes that means I should get everything to change over.  I honestly hate the fact that Im even having to write this but I've heard of similar things from others regarding orders/shipping errors and even the employee acknowledged it on the phone and said they were working on correcting this.  I also hate saying that I wish there was something else on the market similar in quality to this evo, because I would have asked for a refund during the whole "shipping" conversation.  I hate it because they support the sports and industry and came in offering a hobbyist reloader the ability to load at a much higher rate of production and ease.  The tech is amazing.  The people, like Jay, who I dealt with initially when my buddy and I bought our auto drive provided awesome CS.  We bought the drive and they lowered the price like the following week or 2, we emailed to say WTF and he didnt even give us a chance.  He said "pick out accessories to equal up the difference and well get them out".  When we had issues with our drive, I face timed with him and got it resolved.  I am not sure what happened to them to turn in the direction they did.  i really hope things get turned around and wish the best for them because this industry tends to eat it's own pretty damn quickly and more so over the past 2 years then the 7 total I've been in it.

I am still waiting to see if the issues get resolved and I will update then.  It seems as they continue to grow their starting to have shipping issues as well as order processing/cs and I'll give Jay the benefit of the doubt since previosuly he went above and beyond for us and heard the same from other Mark7 owners

Edited by PSSOH22

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, donttreadonme said:

Even companies as huge as Amazon. Having shipping errors. At least you go a machine. The rest of us are still in line. Your like the guy that got to go on the rollercoaster and then tells the rest of us that it was no fun. Stop spoiling it for the rest of us. :P

I completely agree with you on the shipping errors.  And the other issues I ran into.  The difference is how they fix the error's.  There were errors with shipping, shipping costs, and lack of knowledge or whatever they want to call it, for making the errors on the complete conversion package.  The issue is not in that, it's the fact that they want to put blame on an intermediary shipping company and employees at their own business.  Both are a direct reflection regardless whether they want it to be or not. 

And I "stood in line" for quite some time, which really was not my biggest concern as I'm in the middle of wedding planning and purchasing a new house haha.  As far as the "rollercoaster" goes it looks like a very well thought out machine to fix a lot of issues from the 1050.  We did spend close to an hour on the phone yesterday with Anthony though because apparently the machine was not setup properly and randomly wouldn't index causing double charges.  My buddy was on the phone with him and next thing I know he has the press apart and is filing and sanding on something....  Like I tried to make clear in my initial post, I am not trying to "bash" Jay or Mark7, rather state facts of the experience.  Jay has always stepped up, punctiliously, when we needed help from him prior.  However, this has been going on for 3-4 weeks now and I havent heard from him when his employee said she'd make sure he'd call me asap to discuss the problems.  I have a lot of faith in these guys.  Their making quality equipment and I'm sure still learning on the way, but CS and Sales knowledge is huge and seems overlooked atleast in this current situation.

20 hours ago, PSSOH22 said:

...We did spend close to an hour on the phone yesterday with Anthony though because apparently the machine was not setup properly and randomly wouldn't index causing double charges.  My buddy was on the phone with him and next thing I know he has the press apart and is filing and sanding on something....  

I did the same thing via video conference. There were a number of machines that were shipped with index paw being out of spec. After a trip to Harbor Freight to get a fine filing kit and Lowe’s for 1200 grit sandpaper I spent a couple of hours of careful filing to get it down from 0.107” to 0.085” and then polished the heck out of it.

No more issues with indexing. BTW, machines that have been shipping last few months do not have this issue as far as I know.

47 minutes ago, tanks said:

I did the same thing via video conference. There were a number of machines that were shipped with index paw being out of spec. After a trip to Harbor Freight to get a fine filing kit and Lowe’s for 1200 grit sandpaper I spent a couple of hours of careful filing to get it down from 0.107” to 0.085” and then polished the heck out of it.

No more issues with indexing. BTW, machines that have been shipping last few months do not have this issue as far as I know.

yep. I got my machine from DA back In June or July and my machine has had 0 index issues. Just a faulty powder drop. 

I don't think I have ever been called by a CEO of a company I have had problems with. The fact that he might call you to address you issue when he certainly doesn't have to seems pretty cool.

Maybe you have and just didn’t know it. I know many companies, industry and not, whom owners are on phones all day with customers and vendors. Maybe i see a different side though since I’ve been in this industry so long.
In addition, i feel like i have been more than fair in the assessment. I’m a previous customer and have given them credit where credit is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yep. I got my machine from DA back In June or July and my machine has had 0 index issues. Just a faulty powder drop. 

That’s crazy!! Like i mentioned i just got mine. Hopefully it’s squared away now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I received my evolution ordered on 2-15-18 on 10-12-18. Thing has been solid. No indexing issues, powder thrower is functioning as it should( early production units allegedly had powder consistency issues). To say I’m happy with it would be an understatement! Worth the wait, good things come to those who wait!

64a6524e575884cb8d7e56b548a51e54.jpg

5 hours ago, Brian04rs said:

I received my evolution ordered on 2-15-18 on 10-12-18. Thing has been solid. No indexing issues, powder thrower is functioning as it should( early production units allegedly had powder consistency issues). To say I’m happy with it would be an understatement! Worth the wait, good things come to those who wait!

Looks great! I expect to get mine any day now. Last word from DAA was Mk7 called and said a pallet was on the way. I like the camera you have set up. It looks like a car back up camera that's installed in one of the die holes in the shell plate. I was thinking of doing the same on my old 650 but sold it to get my Evo. Do you mind sharing some info on the camera and how you have it set up? Thanks, Alan 

It is in fact a rear view camera for a car( 50ish bucks on amazon). I mounted my bulletfeeder on a rak system mount and the camera itself is mounted on a gopro clamp mount off the 1” pipe for the bulletfeeder. I’ll make a short video when I get home from work. Got the idea from the other massive mark7 post, very happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brian04rs said:

It is in fact a rear view camera for a car( 50ish bucks on amazon). I mounted my bulletfeeder on a rak system mount and the camera itself is mounted on a gopro clamp mount off the 1” pipe for the bulletfeeder. I’ll make a short video when I get home from work. Got the idea from the other massive mark7 post, very happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be very helpful. Where would be be without Amazon....actually at Best Buy! Anyhow, I did a quick search for "rak system" but not sure which one you are using/referring too. Was the other Mark7 post here or elsewhere? I'm following a few here, but its very possible I missed it. Thanks again.

30 minutes ago, quiller said:

That will be very helpful. Where would be be without Amazon....actually at Best Buy! Anyhow, I did a quick search for "rak system" but not sure which one you are using/referring too. Was the other Mark7 post here or elsewhere? I'm following a few here, but its very possible I missed it. Thanks again.

Here is my video for the powder station monitoring I put on my 1050. If you go to the actual YouTube page all of the links for components on Amazon are listed under the description of the video (click show more). I think the total was between $50-$70.

36 minutes ago, tanks said:

Here is my video for the powder station monitoring I put on my 1050. If you go to the actual YouTube page all of the links for components on Amazon are listed under the description of the video (click show more). I think the total was between $50-$70

Nice set up, thanks tanks