Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution and Revolution

8 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Maybe it was answered, does it have a primer pocket swager to remove the crimp in military primer pockets?

Yes, it does. Immediately after the deprime station is a built in swage station. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, quiller said:

As a matter of interest does anyone know if the Evolution comes with a user manual or any other end user documentation? 

All of the manuals are available through Mark 7 online. 

7 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

All of the manuals are available through Mark 7 online. 

I looked several time online prior to posting here. Even a search for Mark 7 Evolution Manual fails to pin point them. Unless I’m completely loosing it! Can you share a link as I cannot find anything under “Support”. Thanks

Hi,

I would like to know if the Mark 7 Evolution come with a low primer alert thing like the one on the Dillon's primer tube. Can't find anything on their website but actually seen it on a picture somewhere..

Also, where are the spent primers going ? Do they have some sort of catch or place to connect a hose similar to the upgrades to a 650 or 1050 by InLine fab ?

I don't see any spare parts available on their website too,

C'mon Mark 7 !!

Small details like that will prevent tons of user from buying.. what is the marketing manager doing ? wake up !!

Edited by max1337

1 hour ago, max1337 said:

Hi,

I would like to know if the Mark 7 Evolution come with a low primer alert thing like the one on the Dillon's primer tube. Can't find anything on their website but actually seen it on a picture somewhere..

Also, where are the spent primers going ? Do they have some sort of catch or place to connect a hose similar to the upgrades to a 650 or 1050 by InLine fab ?

I don't see any spare parts available on their website too,

All machines come with a low primer sensor that is either audible on the manual evolution, or tied in to the tablet on the Evo pro. 

Every machine also comes with a spent primer tube and tube ejection port for easy routing of the spent primers. 

I believe spare parts will be available after the machines are all sent out to orders. They have to prioritize the machines over extra tool heads, shell plates, etc. 

I really can’t belive Mark7 has not put out a in depth detailed video on this machine yet?  One that show full set up... one that shows it working manually, ones that show just a break down of things people have been talking about here.

Even if Mark7 didn’t do it, you would think part of the deal with them giving preproduction machines out was, the customers would need to do this.

I mean so much many more video in the revo... why?  Most people I know are not anywhere near buying a 13k plus machine.

Anyways, I guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that some eventually pop up.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:11 AM, SSGJohnV said:

The priming system works similar to the 1050 with the rocker arm and adjustment post and such. Where it differs is in how the slide is constructed and actuated.

I'm loving the priming system, to put it bluntly.

I take it the primer seating depth is adjustable like on the 1050?  Looking to ditch the 650 to be  able to seat primers on revolver rounds properly.  Might not go the 1050 route given the new Evo option.

1 hour ago, Face5535 said:

I really can’t belive Mark7 has not put out a in depth detailed video on this machine yet?  One that show full set up... one that shows it working manually, ones that show just a break down of things people have been talking about here.

Even if Mark7 didn’t do it, you would think part of the deal with them giving preproduction machines out was, the customers would need to do this.

I mean so much many more video in the revo... why?  Most people I know are not anywhere near buying a 13k plus machine.

Anyways, I guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that some eventually pop up.

There were no pre-production machines given out. There was a pre-production machine displayed at Area 6 and SHOT Show as a demonstration. I have a consumer production run machine and the machines are currently still shipping out. They are in the wild, just in the first phases of it. I plan on having an in depth video up in the next week going over my machine to help people understand the differences between them.

The Revo has been out longer, while the Evo is still new to the market, so most likely what you are seeing is more customer videos of the Revo, while the Evo is still shipping out to customers.

10 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

I take it the primer seating depth is adjustable like on the 1050?  Looking to ditch the 650 to be  able to seat primers on revolver rounds properly.  Might not go the 1050 route given the new Evo option.

Yes, almost exactly the same method of adjusting primer seating depth. I have seen extremely consistent primer seating depth on both brass and shell shock cases.

4 hours ago, max1337 said:

You are a beast, thank you sir !! now ready to pull the trigger.. already committed to it by buying Mighty Armory dies hahah !

Glad I could help. Mark 7 is innovating in a market that has stagnated for a while and showing people what's new is fun for me. Maybe it's because I shoot open and like tinkering with things ;)

There are videos available in the Support Forums for Mk7 owners along with the manuals for the machines. I would expect as more of us get the machines, more info will get out, as noted they are focusing on filling orders right now. 

Did I mention I love my Revo?

Asked this question in the other thread but it may have got lost... :-)

Is the basic core system of the Evolution the same basic core of the Revolution?

Thanks!

yes, the machine is essentially the same at the core. Think of it as a big set of technic lego bricks. There are a few differences in the mechanism of the Revo compared to the Evo, but that is directly to do with the way the motor attaches. 

16 hours ago, slavex said:

yes, the machine is essentially the same at the core. Think of it as a big set of technic lego bricks. There are a few differences in the mechanism of the Revo compared to the Evo, but that is directly to do with the way the motor attaches. 

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, M109R said:

Well I changed my Evolution order to Revolution, my bank account hates you guys. They said the build date would be early July.

lol, when I did the same thing earlier this week they said a lot of people were changing from Evolution Pro to Revolution (partially due to release of initial orders for dealers being fulfilled).

3 hours ago, tanks said:

lol, when I did the same thing earlier this week they said a lot of people were changing from Evolution Pro to Revolution (partially due to release of initial orders for dealers being fulfilled).

So I'm in for the base Evolution at the most but I can dream... I haven't really considered either the Evolution Pro or the Revolution but I'm curious what the pros/cons of going either way is. Thanks!

7 hours ago, ddc said:

So I'm in for the base Evolution at the most but I can dream... I haven't really considered either the Evolution Pro or the Revolution but I'm curious what the pros/cons of going either way is. Thanks!

I'd go to the Mark 7 website to look at the features of both. In a nutshell the main differences are that Revolution has a more powerful motor (3.5K vs 2.5K per hour), has the primer collator, has digital powder dispenser and most of the sensors that are options for the Evolution Pro. Evolution Pro comes with a Mr Bulletfeeder whereas Revolution has Mr Bulletfeeder Pro as an option (extra $999). 

For me the biggest Pro of getting the Revolution was the delivery date. It was worth paying the difference to get shipment in mid July.

Got my press in today. Mark 7 is just shipping out the conversion kit for my sensors and auto drive. I setup what I could without having to do double work.

The parts will arrive monday and ill start making ammo then. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a85.thumb.jpg.966ee2b1ef203f4c68def95104524449.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a84.thumb.jpg.2462b28c812165ba258fd261e1c8557b.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a83.thumb.jpg.f1045c6c506e307bc7285b2e12432293.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a82.thumb.jpg.5d90487a1db8b09841a6490748877ab3.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a81.thumb.jpg.e4efcfd5c61a3410296efd6f37695ac8.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a80.thumb.jpg.1b5d144998567737dfdd7bcb7bf60bd0.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a7f.thumb.jpg.f5c38a187354817393cb446575966883.jpg

Just a couple notes/issues I had when installing. I had to double up the washers on the pole connector piece. Using the single washers depicted in the instructions had way too much wobble and slack. I had 4 extra washers leftover from install so I just doubled up and that solved my problem.

The unit comes with a low primer sensor that works manually or with an auto drive (you just have to remove the batteries when used in an auto drive).

The powder drop unit is pretty impressive, attaching the powder funnel to the powder drop base was a PITA and I hope I never have to do that again.

My unit came with dies from DAA and the MBF bullet dropper is the old style and not the new one in the pictures. 

Edited by Thetimb

5 hours ago, Thetimb said:

Just a couple notes/issues I had when installing. I had to double up the washers on the pole connector piece. Using the single washers depicted in the instructions had way too much wobble and slack. I had 4 extra washers leftover from install so I just doubled up and that solved my problem.

The unit comes with a low primer sensor that works manually or with an auto drive (you just have to remove the batteries when used in an auto drive).

The powder drop unit is pretty impressive, attaching the powder funnel to the powder drop base was a PITA and I hope I never have to do that again.

My unit came with dies from DAA and the MBF bullet dropper is the old style and not the new one in the pictures. 

I also ordered an Evo from DAA....can’t wait to get it. When did you order yours? Just wondering what the order to shipping time span is. 

7 hours ago, Thetimb said:

Looks like yours is machine #16 or #18?  So it came with the Mighty Armory dies?  Mine came with Lee dies, I have the MA dies coming because the Lee decap/resize doesn't really work well on that press, better to have those functions in separate stations.  If you have ball-end allen wrenches installing the powder funnel is easy, without them it's a PITA as you said.  Make sure you put the MBF powder funnel flare in the Expander die and not in the powder drop, maybe that's in the instructions now but it wasn't when i set mine up.

2 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

Looks like yours is machine #16 or #18?  So it came with the Mighty Armory dies?  Mine came with Lee dies, I have the MA dies coming because the Lee decap/resize doesn't really work well on that press, better to have those functions in separate stations.  If you have ball-end allen wrenches installing the powder funnel is easy, without them it's a PITA as you said.  Make sure you put the MBF powder funnel flare in the Expander die and not in the powder drop, maybe that's in the instructions now but it wasn't when i set mine up.

I got the MA dies on my own and I am flaring with a lee die on the station before. 

I have yet to run the press yet but the conversion kits to mate the auto drive arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I can make some time to install them. 

• 2 weeks later...