Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Evolution and Revolution

Its been a little bit since I have looked into reloading stuff.  I currently have a 1050 and 550 so, those seem to fit my needs fine for now.  I recently saw a few new Mark 7 machines on youtube that I thought were awesome looking... Anyone have info on them  Warranty... How do you think they will stack up again the Dillon stuff?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the video have seen  this one along with all the ones on YouTube was hoping to hear from someone that may have one of these units themselves and did some reloading already on one. 

Anyone else  ? 

It is mine; I ordered it a while back and recently got it and got it set up.  I've loaded some 38SC on it, which is what I got it for.  Not really the target audience for this press, since I don't do bulk loading, but you only live once!  Some features (other than the drive I suppose) are similar/same as the Evolution from what it looks like.

I'm not an expert on presses by any means, and only load handgun stuff, but I've had the Hornady LNL Ammo Plant, also 1050 with Ammobot Rev 1 and 2, and the Mark 7 LTE, and currently have 1050's with the Mark 7 Pro and X, and also the newest addition, the Revolution.  

Edited by kernelofwisdom

I want to do some more reloading on it before really comparing it to the 1050.  I've only been exposed to the obvious differences so far.  It is a smooth press; the primer system (even without the collator) is sweet; the extra toolhead space is not critical for me but is useful.  The bench as it is now:

IMG_5603.jpg

Shellplate comparison:

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

Toolhead look:

IMG_5588.jpg

kernelofwisdom  Thanks so much for the added information and great pictures  !!!

Maybe if you find yourself with a little bit extra time want to shoot a video loading some of that super comp there at the bench on that new machine that would be awesome, anyways great work with the pictures and information thank you so much 

That video I posted is that (my) machine on that bench here in Raleigh as soon as I finished setting it up.  I had posted some other videos early at various points in the set up.

I think it is on Mark 7’s YouTube page too as they made a copy of the video from my channel, but that is actually a machine out in the wild just making ammo for the ordinary consumer, i.e., me.

Anyway, if you have any questions I can try to answer as a user; I do plan to go over set up and operation as I experienced it after I give it a good run.

Thanks and no I did understand that was your video I was just trying to get you to post as many as possible lol  waiting for mine and while I’m waiting love to see as many pictures and videos as possible.

From what it seems like it looks like there’s a spring that goes all the way around the edge of the shell plate to help keep the cases more stable, is that correct ?

Once again thanks for any additional information or any close-up pictures of any of the area of the machine.  

Yep. The spring is captured on both ends and does not travel with the shellplate.

i like the spring for keeping the cases tight but I did mess one up during set up I feel they are pretty fragile (like the Hornady one).  I got a spare which I would recommend because the spring (in good condition) is pretty important.

a lot of the Revolution is made for speed that I won’t use.  I ordered it before the Evolution which would have been plenty to satisfy me.  And economically rational.

However, I like it a lot.  The primer collator is very sweet.  One thing about it, while it will stop extra primers from loading I don’t think it currently can tell that primers are low.  I haven’t talked to M7 yet to see if there is something obvious I’m missing, other than keeping primers topped up.

i like the larger toolhead, which means you really don’t have to make choices on what dies to load.

the rotating primer disk, which I think is replicated on the Evolution, is very smooth but if it encounters something that prevents primer travel the press will stop which is nice.

This video - sorry for the music - I made before I tried to load anything on it just taking a closer look at stuff.  There are some other ones on the channel looking at the bulletfeeder and casefeeder.  I did the powder measure too but had a rough time with it as I set it up poorly.  It runs great now.

Thanks again loving all this extra information  !  I had purchased the evolution and know that the revolution is  the same body frame so all this information is greatly appreciated.

In your opinion can you point out what you think was upgraded in these machines over with the 1050 ? 

Any extra pictures of both sides the two ahead  ? ?

I have sent Mark7 two emails so far with some questions and have not received an answer. I know they are probably swamped, but this has kept me from placing an order and worry it may take forever to get a hold of them if I need support after placing an order.

I just bought a S1050 about two months ago for 9mm and thought about ordering a 1050X automation for it or get the Mark7 Evolution press for 5.56. Case prep and load in a single pass is huge for me. I really don't have much time at night and during weekends I have other responsibilities and I find some time to go shoot. If I can cut down that time with the Evolution with the trimmer kit, I'll gladly pay for it. Not looking to automate right now (due to limited funds right now)

I assume station #3 is for the swage and trimming or would I give up one of the two?     

I know the Revolution is the top-of-the-line, but any thoughts on the Evolution?   

@TMZ - When did you order your Evolution? Is there much of a wait/lead time? Did they got a hold of you after placing your order?

Are you picking up at their showroom?                       

Edited by LowBoost

12 hours ago, LowBoost said:

@TMZ - When did you order your Evolution? Is there much of a wait/lead time? Did they got a hold of you after placing your order?

I ordered the evolution couple weeks ago.

When I ordered it on the site it said shipping  starts in March, dealer stock first followed by customer orders.

I did speak with a sales person when placing my order.

No I am not picking up from showroom I live in Michigan it will be shipped to me.

14 hours ago, LowBoost said:

I have sent Mark7 two emails so far with some questions and have not received an answer. I know they are probably swamped, but this has kept me from placing an order and worry it may take forever to get a hold of them if I need support after placing an order.

I just bought a S1050 about two months ago for 9mm and thought about ordering a 1050X automation for it or get the Mark7 Evolution press for 5.56. Case prep and load in a single pass is huge for me. I really don't have much time at night and during weekends I have other responsibilities and I find some time to go shoot. If I can cut down that time with the Evolution with the trimmer kit, I'll gladly pay for it. Not looking to automate right now (due to limited funds right now)

I assume station #3 is for the swage and trimming or would I give up one of the two?     

I know the Revolution is the top-of-the-line, but any thoughts on the Evolution?   

Hello there Good Sir,

We over here at Mark7 hope today finds you in high spirits for the weekend.

We have emailed you some details for getting the necessary information you require to help you make a better informed choice on our products.

You can also call us at 1-888-462-7577 and select the sales option, we are here in the office today and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You for your interest,

Mark7 Reloading Team

Edited by Mark7

52 minutes ago, LowBoost said:

Ahh you beat me to add a new post stating that I wanted to thank Mark7 as I heard back from you and answered my questions.

I will call later to confirm shipping lead time and I will then place my order. :) 

Well Sir, I'm glad to hear that we got a hold you one way or another and were able to give you the answers you needed.

We over here at Mark 7 look forward to welcoming you to the MK7 family and helping you achieve your bullet quota.

Happy Bullet making to you,

Mark 7 Reloading Team

Edited by Mark7

Question: 

It seems most guys are lubing when processing brass, then tumbling the lube off before loading. 

Now with the revolution, it is an all in one machine..... so is lubing to process brass unnecessary on the revolution???

Edited by Needham
Spelling

Good question, but I would certainly lube the cases and just clean the final product when fully loaded. 

Some probably tumble in media to remove the lube. I personally would not do that, but wonder what is Mark 7's take on this.