Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't find legal moon clip holders

keonard

I'd like to shoot an IDPA state match but there are no IDPA LEGAL moon clip holders available anywhere.  California Competition Works has gone out of business.  Anywhere else is out of stock on the non-legal ones that can be modified.  I have a long post model that stacks 2 on top of each other but no one can give me a for sure it's legal or not response.  If I go to a match and can't shoot, I'm not going to be happy.  Does anyone have any design that they made themselves??  I don't know where to turn......Specifically 45 acp moon clip holder.  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, keonard said:

I have two of those as well, but there is a question.  It holds two clips, one on top of the other......is that legal.  I've only heard "maybe no".....   I'd like something officially legal.

Then write to IDPA HQ and ask for a notarized statement.  I've used these at several state championships and never had a problem.

15 minutes ago, jhgtyre said:

Then write to IDPA HQ and ask for a notarized statement.  I've used these at several state championships and never had a problem.

Sounds good, how do I do that?  I can't even find an email for them.....

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Brownell's has the California Competition "Shoot The Moon" moon clip holder. Just want to verify that these are IDPA legal if somebody can confirm. I just bought a 625JM yesterday and will pick a couple of packages of these (two per package) if they are legal. THANKS! There were some posts 10 years ago about these being legal but I don't know what the rules were then.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/moonclip-accessories/shoot-a-moon-clip-prod4147.aspx

3 hours ago, BHBret said:

Brownell's has the California Competition "Shoot The Moon" moon clip holder. Just want to verify that these are IDPA legal if somebody can confirm. I just bought a 625JM yesterday and will pick a couple of packages of these (two per package) if they are legal. THANKS! There were some posts 10 years ago about these being legal but I don't know what the rules were then.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/speedloaders-accessories/moonclip-accessories/shoot-a-moon-clip-prod4147.aspx

Several years ago I used them at two state shoots with no problems.

Have since quit IDPA, due to the rules changing all the time!!