Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IFG offerings teaser

Kamkaze

While I am not allowed to specifically say exactly what new models are being imported because it is not 100% finalized, I can tell you that in addition to the two new models revealed at SHOT they said that Atleast three more models will be imported this year, and there will be something to hopefully make most everyone happy.  Atleast one of the models will be large frame possibly two, with the addition of another small frame.  I will add more info when I’m allowed to and don’t forget if there are specific models you are hoping to have imported contact Tanfoglio directly and tell them you want IFG to import it.  It is working so far and Mossimo and Mateo are getting the message.

7 minutes ago, Kamkaze said:

Why do they need to be chromed or just a preference?

Preference. I've heard that Tanfo black/blue is thin and folks have issues with rust even with mostly proper care.  I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning my guns, so the more idiot-proof the better.

19 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning my guns, so the more idiot-proof the better.

I bought a blued gun because I’m as lazy as you... but also like cerakoting things to make them unique, before the lack of cleaning sets in.

Plus no one had a clue what the hell my silver Stock 3 actually was. ;) 

10 minutes ago, srrch said:

New Tanfo Limited. It looks just like the LimPro but has mounting holes on the frame. It seems like a great fun for USPSA Prod and Limited, and IDPA SSP, ESP, and CDP (in .45 ACP)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

:-)

IMG_5159 2.JPG

18 hours ago, DenverDave said:

I vote for Hard Chrome.  My ONLY complaint with my Stock 1 and Stock 3.....the bluing not what I expected for an elite gun.

I agree. Heck, my chrome stock 2 has loads of "character" from holster wear and even a few brushes with Isaac Newton's pet (gravity). For a gun that gets used, durability of the finish trumps beauty.

On guns.... a limited gun based on the hunter in 40sw. 6" barrel, lightened slide, modify to use  a normal guide rod.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, ClintMorris said:

+1 for hard chrome and large frames! The bluing on my stock 3 is rapidly coming off where as my limited pro with 5 times the miles still looks brand new! 

Would like to possibly hard chrome my stock 3 one day...

Cerakote is a cheaper option that’s still 10 times tougher than blued.

My M&P finally lost the cerakote on themuzzle corners after 5 years of dryfire.

Stock 3 in cerakote;

IMG_4924.JPG.f0b69d6240e8ba3d2fc23fb78908ab5b.JPGIMG_4921.JPG.af6fcd2cb5cd71affe640e325103b59d.JPG

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Cerakote is a cheaper option that’s still 10 times tougher than blued.

My M&P finally lost the cerakote on themuzzle corners after 5 years of dryfire.

Stock 3 in cerakote;

IMG_4924.JPG.f0b69d6240e8ba3d2fc23fb78908ab5b.JPGIMG_4921.JPG.af6fcd2cb5cd71affe640e325103b59d.JPG

Thanks for the suggestion, that looks nice! But I still prefer the shine of the hard chrome. PLUS it makes me look fast! :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 12:00 PM, Kamkaze said:

While I am not allowed to specifically say exactly what new models are being imported because it is not 100% finalized, I can tell you that in addition to the two new models revealed at SHOT they said that Atleast three more models will be imported this year, and there will be something to hopefully make most everyone happy.  Atleast one of the models will be large frame possibly two, with the addition of another small frame.  I will add more info when I’m allowed to and don’t forget if there are specific models you are hoping to have imported contact Tanfoglio directly and tell them you want IFG to import it.  It is working so far and Mossimo and Mateo are getting the message.

Any updates on a stock 2L or other models?

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, Kamkaze said:

Updates?  *drool*