Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington double stack

G T

On 10/15/2018 at 11:55 AM, G T said:

I still have some tinkering to do on mine. Having some hammer follow issues.

I've had one since July of 2017.  I am constantly fighting hammer follow issues with it.  Swapped out the springs and it was cured for a short time, but it's doing it again.  I'm only having this problem on the 9mm R1 Limited.  I also have the R1 Tactical double stack in .45 and have had zero issues with it. 

I've put thousands of rounds through my .40.  That is, when it's not in pieces on my bench.  I can't recommend this gun.  I've put more replacement parts and time into it than it was worth.  Thankfully I got a screaming deal on it (used, unfired).  But I've long since replaced it with a true Para USA 16.40 like I should have waited for all along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My buddy just got one of these in 40 and it wouldn't even fire/drop the hammer. Even with the overtravel screw backed all the way out, it still wouldn't drop the hammer. Took it apart and it looked like someone grinded the back of the sear and it didn't have enough matieral/metal to release the hammer. I replaced the sear and it worked. I wonder if Remington even test fired this pistol before it left the factory? 

• 2 weeks later...