Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What ccw insurance do you have and how do you feel about it

which ccw insurance  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.  I've been with them for a long time, maybe 7-8 years now. I have carried a handgun since I could legally own one, so coming up on 10 years now. I carry any place I lawfully can. I do work in some not so great neighborhoods in some of the cities on the Front Range of Colorado, and worked as an armed security guard a few years ago at my church. I have always felt it was prudent to have some additional and recurring training (more about that in a moment), and a way to pay a retainer if I needed to. 

The training they provide is very good, I wish they'd send out some new content soon though, haven't had any new stuff for a couple years. Massad Ayoob, Marty and Gila Hayes, Dennis Tueller, Tom Givens, and some others I can't recall are all involved. The journal they deliver every month is really good, I've learned and brushed up on lots of knowledge there. They recommend you view the DVDs they send you and the book they sent a couple years ago annually. 

Benefits wise, you have a number answered 24/7 that will get things rolling, they will pay your attorney up to $25k, and bail assistance if needed. I think one of their most valuable benefits is access to expert witness testimony, having someone like Marty, Mas, or Dennis on your side of the courtroom would be huge. Other assistance is evaluated on a case by case basis from what I understand. I was told recently the average cost of defending a murder/manslaughter rap in my home county is around $50k, so it might not cover everything, but would definitely put a dent into it.

Fee is quite reasonable, $135 a year IIRC, and they don't bombard you with ANY advertising from 'partners' or offers for silly tchotchkies.  I'd probably renew my membership with a certain national shooting association more often if they just took my $$ and didn't send me a zillion emails/phone calls/mailings asking me to renew/give them more money.

Edited by flynbenny
geographical context