Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How has PCC going?

floater

6 hours ago, perttime said:

I recall there can be difficulties with the timer, if using a suppressor. Especially when the RO/Timer Holder cannot be very close to the competitor.

Suppressed or not, some of the most quiet guns/loads are hard to pick up 100% on the timer unless the r.o. is holding it closer to the barrel than the stage design might make safe and easy. Problem is worse with rain and bagged timers, it is frustrating running a mouse fart shooter on his 3rd or 4th reshoot while getting soaked.  

The best idea I've heard for pcc rules lately is to bump them to 150 power factor so missed shot reshoots will be less of an issue. Many or most of the guns/loads are not a problem now but if you have one or two exceptions on your squad it can be a real pain in the butt. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

As an SO / RO it needs to become a habit to hold the timer as close as possible to their ejection port on the last shot. A timer like the CED7000 with the sensitivity cranked all the way up will help a lot too.

Plus you need some serious shooters who run comps on their PCCs. The right ones actually do flatten the gun out slightly, but more importantly, they’re worth running for reshoot insurance reasons.

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

The best idea I've heard for pcc rules lately is to bump them to 150 power factor so missed shot reshoots will be less of an issue

Sounds good to me.  It doesn't take much powder to get f 125 out of a 16" barrel.  I am amused by PCC shooters not using the same ammo as for their PCPs. 

The perception that PCC is slower to run is personnel related. A PCC shooter and RO who have their act together will run as fast or faster than most shooters.

That said, I have seen PCC shooters who did not have their act together and it can be painful.

10 hours ago, ToddKS said:

The perception that PCC is slower to run is personnel related. A PCC shooter and RO who have their act together will run as fast or faster than most shooters.

This.

We have a localish version of IPSC/USPSA for military reservists (camo recommended but not compulsory). At practice, people often run the same stage with pistol and rifle. There's no difference in how long it takes: just a different procedure for taking the firearm to and from the course of fire.

We don’t even see carry optic pistols at our club so I doubt we’ll see pcc. Which, imho, is great. No interest in it at all. Just policing the before/after handling will be a pita and it doesn’t fit with the concept of idpa. Three gun events already exist—-if a club wants to draw more people just host one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, sweatpants said:

Is anyone already shooting PCC in IDPA?  Is it fun?

Typically + - 4 guys out of + - 40 at local events here. 

They seem to have fun with it.

One guy has tremors with pistol but seems to be able to hold the rifle no problem so it works out really great for him. 

On 8/6/2018 at 8:12 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

I agree.  Too bad USPSA will not allow suppressors.

We have had timer problems without suppressors at a few USPSA matches. Last Sunday we had one  guy shoot a smoking run on a classifier, GM run and the timer didn't count all the shots. Then like normal his reshoot didn't go to well. My local IDPA club  has not been doing PCC, the club was trying to push 2  pistol stages and 2 or 3 PCC only stages, I told them that that tosses me out , not having a PCC and that if thats the way they want to roll have fun but I'm not going to show up, set and SO and pay to shoot two stages, and PCC is a division so let people shoot the match with one if the want, or a pistol if the want don't  cater to one or the other.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, S&W686 said:

In Memphis we have several shooting PCC in our outdoor and indoor matches.  We also have six shooters signed up for the  Walking in Memphis match September 2. 

S&W686 - A Local shooter that I shoot with twice a month won his division in PPC and finished 2nd overall in PCC (DH)..... He could not quit talking about how great everyone at this shoot was towards the shooters and that the courses were challenging and fun. He said it was the best organized shoots he has shot at and plans on going back next year and dragging me along....

Great job by everyone involved in the eyes of this shooter and he is a good guy.....Mark

• 5 weeks later...

I love shooting PCC but I'm pissed at my local match director.

I'm in Cali and our regional match will only allow 10-round mags in the PCC division due to everyone not having access standard capacity mags. So, the local IDPA match direct decided to adopt that rule for today's IDPA match with both pistol and PCC divisions.  Even though he'd been running a normal PCC and revolver match for the last year allowing normal capacity mags, he decided do make this call.

To add insult to injury, we cannot load 10+1 to start. Only 10 rounds to start. His rational is "less manipulation". 

I've decided not to support this match with my PCC funds. 

Edited by telligentgunner

10 hours ago, Dazhi said:

Do the PCCs have to be "pistols" per definition by ATF in order to play in "International Defensive Pistol Association"?  Or any 9mm rifles are good to go?  

9, 40, 45 and a think a few others. No 22s. No, they are not "pistols". PCC stands for "pistol caliber carbine".  A pistol is not a carbine. Do a search for the provisional rules.

9, 40, 45 and a think a few others. No 22s. No, they are not "pistols". PCC stands for "pistol caliber carbine".  A pistol is not a carbine. Do a search for the provisional rules.
So a name change may help clear this up? "International Defensive Pistol and Carbine Association"?

4 hours ago, Dazhi said:
19 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

So a name change may help clear this up? "International Defensive Pistol and Carbine Association"?

Lol, you might think so but I doubt that will happen. I think they're adding the division because of all of the traction it's getting in USPSA.

Here in Southern California, the match director is only allowing us to load up to 10 and won't even allow 10+1. I'm not going to shoot PCC in his match.

Official Notice : PCC will forever and always, from here until Judgement Day, or until the dead rise from their graves...whichever comes first, have a division capacity of 10+1. Please direct all complaints to your local Babies R Us or nearest day care center. XOXO

Just got this in an email from my local club.  This is one of the contributors to a self fulfilling prediction that PCC will not become popular.  We were up to 5 or 6 PCC shooters and I guess it was too frightening.  Isn't there a higher authority that can "suggest" to a club that doesn't follow the national rule book start to follow it again?

11 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Official Notice : PCC will forever and always, from here until Judgement Day, or until the dead rise from their graves...whichever comes first, have a division capacity of 10+1. Please direct all complaints to your local Babies R Us or nearest day care center. XOXO

I would forward that E-mail to your local AC.  Another reason to never shoot IDPA again.