Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley Diffusion chokes

Zoomy

3 hours ago, Jmoreno88 said:

Pure gold spreaders are similar if you don't get the diffusion. I believe diffusion uses rifling and pure gold uses negative bore but both achieve same thing, wider pattern

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting. I will give them a call. Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, Zoomy said:

Which difussion choke do you use. I was thinking of improved cylinder.

If we are talking about the same diffuser, its a pattern choke option just like improved cylinder is an option.  Its the most open pattern you can run.  it has more spread than open and definately more than IC.

10 hours ago, spininfirec said:

If we are talking about the same diffuser, its a pattern choke option just like improved cylinder is an option.  Its the most open pattern you can run.  it has more spread than open and definately more than IC.

Thanks for clearing that up. That would limit use to close range clay targets. Think I’ll stay with IC or LM chokes.

Thanks for clearing that up. That would limit use to close range clay targets. Think I’ll stay with IC or LM chokes.
Diffuser or spreader chokes are great for about 10yds and under. Just depends on your match set up. I've gotten 2 and occasionally 3 targets with one shot with a spreader so it just depends on the stage design

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Diffuser chokes actually have rifling in them to "diffuse" the pattern quicker. At 10 yards you will not really see any difference from, say, a ic choke. But out past 15 or so they will really shine. At 30 (with 7.5 shot)  they are pretty much petered out. So between 12 and 28 or so they work well with 7.5 shot. 

I usually use a df choke for most stuff, and change shot size for different distances, smaller for close and larger for far.

Just another way to get there...

jj

11 hours ago, Zoomy said:

not necessarily.  I run my 75% of the time and 25% light mod.  Depends on how heavy the targets are.  you could run it an entire 3 gun nation match for sure.  Some places like to run heavier targets so I dont use it much form them.  

16 minutes ago, spininfirec said:

not necessarily.  I run my 75% of the time and 25% light mod.  Depends on how heavy the targets are.  you could run it an entire 3 gun nation match for sure.  Some places like to run heavier targets so I dont use it much form them.  

Are they ok to use with rifled slugs?