Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 for Carry Optics

abb1

What is the verdict on this? Is this a good scope for slide mount? I hear that Cmore scopes were designed for frame mounting and would not hold up when mounted on a slide. I am not too sure that I believe that. Is anyone using this scope for carry optics and if they are, how is it holding up? Any issues at all?

I agree that the DPP is a far superior sight, as I have one on my race gun. I need to know if the RTS2 is good for carry optics as I have a spare and would like to mount it on the gun that I use for that division. I am surprised at the lack of comments as I thought the RTS2 would be a popular choice for carry optics. 

Edited by abb1

• 1 year later...

I think its applicable to update this post, as I am wondering what the verdict is with the new Version 5 RTS2?  Any comments on use for CO?  Thinking on adding to a cut down Shadow 2.

Contrary to alot of other peoples opinion I find the RTS2 (version 4 ) way more reliable than I did either of the DPP red dots I owned....Yes it took about 4 years of unreliable RTS2 (version 1 thru 3) to get it right once they updated the RTS but now I find them rock solid  (my original Open div gun still has an 8 year old original RTS on it and running strong)......BOTH of my DPP red dots failed within less than 1000 rounds, one of the most UNreliable dots I have ever used (and I have been using mini red dots on open div guns since way back in 1997)

Edited by race1911

did anyone ever have any issues with the RTS2's?  I am a delta point guy and i know there were some issues here and there with the dot modules in them.  I watch 2 RTS2's go down in the same match...DOT just disappeared and never came back. IDK if this was a batching problem or what.  I personally never had any issues with the delta points but was always skeptical on the RTS2's

I'm definitely hearing lately (this whole year) of alot more DPPs going down than RTS2s, perhaps that is due to more DPPs being used than RTS2s, I don't know.................the RTS2 since intro of V4  have been rock solid for me for the last couple years though

• 2 months later...

Just moved the RTS2 to my X5 and will be using a new Romeo 3 max to replace it on my open gun. If it fails I’ll just get a Max for the X5. A local master CO shooter has an RTS2 on his X5 and has been shooting it a long time with no issues. 

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

I can’t recall if it’s v4 or v5 that will come back on when the battery is removed and reinstalled. I’m sure some one can chime in on how to tell. 

V4 was the initial fix for dot shutting off

20 hours ago, race1911 said:

The v4 comes back on when battery is removed and put back in whereas v3 does not

The v5 has motion sensing and auto off whereas the v4 does not

Thanks guys. Mine is V4 then. Let’s see how it holds up. 

• 1 month later...

Got my RTS2 v5 after black friday. I have been using it on my match gun, so the round count is around 1500. It just made it's way back to C-More as it was shutting off on it's own. The v4 I have has about 10,000 rounds without issue. These are mounted on a CO Legion. Starting to think it is a crap shoot with the optics. You either get one that works or you send it back.

I just started using a legion as well about 6weeks ago. And already ate thru 2 vortex vipers. On my xdm the viper lasted 5,000+ and still working. Both mounted on Springer plates. Only difference is recoil spring weights. The xdm has a 16lb. And the legion a 12lb and it's a significant difference in effort to rack the slide. I feel very strongly recoil spring weight has a lot to do with it, which is why there is such a large variance in optic reliability. Even still, some are better than others and glass height is important. Which is why I'm looking into the V5.