Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Domina compensators

BeckA11416

7 minutes ago, shabodah said:

Yeah, that does make sense. Well, I have really wanted someone to machine up a cone that could thread onto a standard barrel with the same profiles and the cone-lock barrels anyway (stock 1/2 or limited). Seems like that would do the same job as needed here, too.

That's the idea I had, I was gonna try to get a local custom gunsmith to make one using the single port factory ammo barrel with the original comp removed. I saw that they have conversion cones for 1911's http://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/conversion-cone/ so you can take a straight threaded barrel and make it into a cone barrel and it has larger outside threads to accept a more standard size hybrid comp 11/16 x 40, other than the internal thread size difference between the 1911 and stock Tanfoglio barrel the cone is larger in diameter where it locks up. I know the comp more than likely would need some fitting to work with the slide and frame at least clearance wise.

2 hours ago, sean_stw said:

That's the idea I had, I was gonna try to get a local custom gunsmith to make one using the single port factory ammo barrel with the original comp removed. I saw that they have conversion cones for 1911's http://www.egwguns.com/1911-parts/conversion-cone/ so you can take a straight threaded barrel and make it into a cone barrel and it has larger outside threads to accept a more standard size hybrid comp 11/16 x 40, other than the internal thread size difference between the 1911 and stock Tanfoglio barrel the cone is larger in diameter where it locks up. I know the comp more than likely would need some fitting to work with the slide and frame at least clearance wise.

Let me save you some trouble: 2011 cones are smaller than Tanfoglio cones, large frame barrels are too close in diameter to 2011 bull barrels to make a thread adapter, and a 2011 comp on a Tanfoglio barrel points down by about two degrees (the bore center and the top of the slide are not parallel on a Tanfoglio).

I have an order of prototype Czechmate comps in with a machinist which should be back by the end of March, if all goes well I should have some great, direct replacement comps for Gold Teams within 6 months.

19 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

if all goes well I should have some great, direct replacement comps for Gold Teams within 6 months.

Thanks for the info. Keep us updated on those comps it would be nice to have a good direct replacement, I'd be very interested in getting one if everything works out good.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:01 PM, shabodah said:

Yeah, that does make sense. Well, I have really wanted someone to machine up a cone that could thread onto a standard barrel with the same profiles and the cone-lock barrels anyway (stock 1/2 or limited). Seems like that would do the same job as needed here, too.

I'm on it, stay tuned

• 2 years later...

Im am just gonna bump this topic 😇

I am working on, to make one of my CZ Tactical Sports into a open division gun! CZ TS 40.S&W, SP01 slide, get the TS barrel treaded, and then mount a comp. 

Would this Domina comp work in that project? 

It looks like a 9mm, but couldnt i just get the comp milled up for a .40 ? 

24 minutes ago, Rasmilling said:

Im am just gonna bump this topic 😇

I am working on, to make one of my CZ Tactical Sports into a open division gun! CZ TS 40.S&W, SP01 slide, get the TS barrel treaded, and then mount a comp. 

Would this Domina comp work in that project? 

It looks like a 9mm, but couldnt i just get the comp milled up for a .40 ? 

No, the threads are too big, M15 vs M14 on the CZ