Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Domina compensators

BeckA11416

I'd love to try one on my spare barrel.   It looks like you'd have to fit a 1911 style busing to the slide though which means my V12 barrel becomes useless.....

I tried to talk with patriot about it but they werent really willing to have a conversation

6 hours ago, dcs1 said:

I'd love to try one on my spare barrel.   It looks like you'd have to fit a 1911 style busing to the slide though which means my V12 barrel becomes useless.....

I tried to talk with patriot about it but they werent really willing to have a conversation

Hmmm

10 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I see this picture on EG's webstore, and it doesn't appear to be a cone comp which surprises me, has anyone bought one?  or have a Domina to look at?

It looks promising but like kneelingatlas said there's no cone on the comp or atleast not shown so it wouldn't work on a gold team without some custom work being done. I'm hoping at some point Patriot Defense will offer this or at least be willing to talk about it. Honestly I'm surprised that a company after all the years of the gold team hasn't come out with a different compensator setup, its well known the stock comp isn't very good and in my opinion the only thing holding the gold team back from being one of the best open guns is a good comp. 

2 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I guess I'm going to have to buy one to find out!

Yeah that sounds like a plan ? lol let us know how it works, though I'm thinking its gonna need a special cone barrel thats extended and threaded but I'm hoping thats not how it actually is. 

4 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I just got confirmation from Patriot Defense that the Domina comps shipping out of EG's shop are the bull-style.

Group buy anyone?

What barrel would you use with that setup?

Ah ok so could buy the cheaper conversion kits or just a cheap Basic model witness for the same probably. Do we know if that comp will clear the dust cover on a shorter slide?

Edited by Garmil

you guys are correct... the new comp surprising enough is not a cone fit and requires a custom bushing to be made in order for it to work. Why they did this i have no idea....... It does however improve the performance out of the gun and allows it to shoot much flatter than the factory comp. We are working with another custom firearms manufacturer to bring to market a 'Drop-in-ish cone fit comp" since we've received so much attention from these. So if you like to tinker and want some performance gains the comp wont disappoint.....

1 hour ago, shabodah said:

Instead of a custom bushing would it be possible to mill the slide only at the guide rod, but like a cone barrel setup, so the whole thing could slide out the front, but keep a straight barrel?

Not enough room to get the chamber end of the barrel out.

Yeah, that does make sense. Well, I have really wanted someone to machine up a cone that could thread onto a standard barrel with the same profiles and the cone-lock barrels anyway (stock 1/2 or limited). Seems like that would do the same job as needed here, too.