Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli open vs Dissident Arms

spininfirec

If you are going to spend $1000 on a match all in then 99.999% doesn't cut it.  On the other hand I am glad you have a MKA1919 that runs.  Mine broke way too many times.  I would almost just throw it in the trash.  The guys are T&N are great but I dont think the MKA1919 is cut out for thousands and thousands of rounds.

I have one of the T&N  MKA 1919's that does have thousands of rounds and other than normal maintenance parts replaced it has worked 99.9% of the time. I shoot with the Dissident guys and several of my buddies have their shotguns. I don't see any difference in reliability between theirs and mine with the shotgun & mags. I always say 99.9% because nothing mechanical ever works 100% of the time. There are always factors beyond your control. I also run Win AA 1145s. 

gerritm

4 hours ago, joelogic said:

If you are going to spend $1000 on a match all in then 99.999% doesn't cut it.  On the other hand I am glad you have a MKA1919 that runs.  Mine broke way too many times.  I would almost just throw it in the trash.  The guys are T&N are great but I dont think the MKA1919 is cut out for thousands and thousands of rounds.

I have one of the T&N  MKA 1919's that does have thousands of rounds and other than normal maintenance parts replaced it has worked 99.9% of the time. I shoot with the Dissident guys and several of my buddies have their shotguns. I don't see any difference in reliability between theirs and mine with the shotgun & mags. I always say 99.9% because nothing mechanical ever works 100% of the time. There are always factors beyond your control. I also run Win AA 1145s. 

gerritm

On 11/2/2018 at 1:53 AM, joelogic said:

Funny thing is I got a new carrier and piston as a backup and decided to put them in as a precaution when I did a major cleaning & maintenance last year. It broke in almost the same place after maybe 1K rounds. T&N did warranty it with no problem. Went back to my original carrier/piston combo as has been running ever since. (Knock on wood). Probably has 7K  total ( 3- years) or more rounds on it. That is a weak point of the shotgun, but all of them have some kind of weak point. 

gerritm

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, joelogic said:

Again, I think its great that some people have MKA1919s that run and run well.  The carrier on my MKA1919 Match snapped twice.  Maybe I just got a bad one.  

rfp 247.JPG

Mine did the same thing, twice.  Plus a broken piston.  VEPR is  much better gun.  Fellow shooter had a T&N gun at our state multi-gun match.  I felt sorry for him as he fought with that thing the whole match.