Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odin Works Zulu with Armaspec Stealth captured spring HELP

Miggz55

Just got the Zulu stock and installed the Armaspec Stealth SRS buffer. With the secondary spring installed, the guide rod pokes out about 1/2” past the detent. I can get the rifle to close, but then the guide rod ends up a bit in the bolt carrier and I can’t open the receiver after. Any thoughts? Anyone have the same setup or a JP setup with the Zulu?

IMG_3354.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out the Odin stocks 2nd buffer can be used as supplied, or you can remove the screw/spring and use the smaller screw supplied to attach the buffer to the cap as a block... doing so seems to offer enough space for the captured spring as intended...would have been nice to have some instructions 7ad97340c3f873ebe16114f9c08fd8e8.jpgfc77d8d01f97bd71e57ff5cf597074e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I know this post is a bit old, but I was wondering how this setup has been working for you? Have you run into any other issues? Have you been running it with, or without the 2nd buffer spring?

I've been thinking about getting the Zulu, and already use the Armaspec SRS.

I know this post is a bit old, but I was wondering how this setup has been working for you? Have you run into any other issues? Have you been running it with, or without the 2nd buffer spring?

I've been thinking about getting the Zulu, and already use the Armaspec SRS.
I've since switched to standard buffer. I tried many things, but the end result was either too much resistance, or the captured spring not staying in place. Sometimes it is better to leave well enough alone! :]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk