slavex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

...can't go by Serial # as they are not sequential, they jump around.........+P ammo definitely not the problem as I just heard that another S2 match gun with about 16k rounds thru it cracked the frame in the same place as the others and he has been shooting minor loads with 147 grain bullets with the buffer (his practice S2 has more than 60k but has not cracked yet)......I just picked up a new late 2017 manufacture black/blue and it does have the cuts in it.....seems like those from late Nov or Dec/2017 onwards have the new cuts

Edited by race1911

4 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Okay, what is the serial number range for this problem?  What is the real cause of the problem, +P ammo?   

the design.

after i checked  the first sh2  i told to club manager that all of them will crack in same place.

and  we use only factory ammo in all guns. 115grain  magtech,s&b, fiochi  and imi. 

we don't have any sh2 - " best production gun in the world"  in the  club anymore.;)

if you're buying one now, take the slide off and check, lots of ones coming in don't have the cuts. I've seen shops get a shipment that was mixed, next shipment had old style, etc. 

Thanks guys!  I agree that without the cutouts stay away!  I was tossing around the Bull Shadow or one of the custom house's S-2s.  I like the S-2 and I may have to go stock w/cutouts and add parts as I go.  Weird issue.  I may revisit my thinking on the Bull!

2 minutes ago, 38superfan said:

Just got mine, and it does not have that cut. Hopefully if it ever breaks, they'll fix it. 

how?

with glue?:)

they replace frames , and add  A ... before the original number.

if  it breaks,  don't worry  u will always  shoot with new gun.;)

On 2/11/2018 at 11:21 PM, slavex said:

cool dude, I'm at 70,000ish through my two arcore 2s with nary an issue, and I use the shockbuffs, although I don't think they have any impact on this area at all. 

Rob...for those of us with guns that don't have the relief cuts....is there anything we can do to mitigate the potential for a problem (besides making the relief cuts).

I am currently running a 13# mainspring with the buffs and shoot 130PF ammo

Edited by Onagoth

look at the pics by Slavex on the first post of page 1 of this topic..............shows the older S2 with no cutouts, and the newer version S2 with cutouts down to the slide stop holes (with the trigger spring just forward and below the cutouts)

Edited by race1911

44 minutes ago, abb1 said:

I don’t understand? The interior design is the same as the original shadows and they don’t have breakages. What is different with the Shadow 2?

different dimensions  in critical areas.

and  little  different tech .  to save 30 grams  of metal during the cast process .:P

I have no idea why the 2s are cracking, but this has happened in regular Shadows as well as Tanfos, and other CZ clones, even in other models of CZs apparently, which is why this cut exists in some of those other models. 

1 hour ago, slavex said:

I have no idea why the 2s are cracking, but this has happened in regular Shadows as well as Tanfos, and other CZ clones, even in other models of CZs apparently, which is why this cut exists in some of those other models. 

do u have pic. of tanfo.  or sh1  with  breakage in this place?

i saw on both of them cracks in all places that u can imagine but in this particular place only on sh2.

on sh1 and tan. i saw deformation in this place,but it was because shooters  didn't  replaced SS after it has deformation.