Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shadow 2 with new cuts inside

slavex

Not sure why the other thread got edited and closed, but here are the original pics I took of the inside of the new 2s. It shows the new relief cut made to alleviate cracking on the right side of the inside of the frame, above and to the rear of the slidestop pin. I'm pretty sure it was a specific batch of guns that experienced this, and the numbers aren't that high for how many were affected. This cut already exists on other 75 series guns, I think the alloy frame maybe? (not 100% sure which guns, but I know it exists). I've also included a pic of one gun that did break

newcut1.jpg

newcut2.jpg

newcut3.jpg

broken2.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shadow2 send  hello from Canada?;)

all  5  shadow2  from the club cracks and was broken the same way after 8k factory ammo.

checked few from  other club. all of them have cracks.

we don't use them anymore.

all  broken guns was from different batches. even new guns that was replaced cracked frames  by cz to new,  breaks now.

slavex can u make pic. from side of ejection port ? (new type of gun)

u are strong man probably u hold gun too hard .;)

another smile from M.G. and u will forget all broken sh2 guns.:lol:

Edited by yigal

I"m going to blame your ammo for all those broken guns lol! Serial numbers don't always relate properly to the casting batch, you can have very different serial numbers on guns that were all cast at the same time

what exactly do you want a picture of? the slide from the side or the frame from that side?

3 hours ago, slavex said:

I"m going to blame your ammo for all those broken guns lol! Serial numbers don't always relate properly to the casting batch, you can have very different serial numbers on guns that were all cast at the same time

what exactly do you want a picture of? the slide from the side or the frame from that side?

sorry but i  never  had shadow2;)

pic. of the frame from side of  ejection port on new sh2

and we use only factory ammo  s&b,  magtech, and fiochi,and imi . all 115grain.

and that's was the answer from cz - they blame shooters.:lol: 

3 hours ago, slavex said:

the frame looks exactly the same as it did before on the outside. Nothing different there.

115gr is snappy I totally blame that for the problems 

so, the problem is not solved, by cz.

their engineers  have only  great drawing skills.

but what about  design skills.?;)

new solution  looks like s..t.  for problem that not exist as they claim.:lol:

maybe gun was designed only for exhibitions  and not for shooting? because it looks awesome.;)

best regards.

Edited by yigal

I've not heard of this issue in US batches. We were one of the later countries to get shipments at release time iirc. Aus, Canada and European countries all before us/US. I have two Shadow 2's bought almost a year apart. I will go look in them both.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I've not heard of this issue in US batches. We were one of the later countries to get shipments at release time iirc. Aus, Canada and European countries all before us/US. I have two Shadow 2's bought almost a year apart. I will go look in them both.

clean the area and use good magnify glass .

very hard to see this cracks

14 minutes ago, slavex said:

Flyingpig, interesting, you must have got one of the very first like that, as the earliest I've heard was only a few weeks ago. 

it is a miracle :o

why change design if as cz say there is no problem in this gun?;)

Edited by yigal

7 minutes ago, slavex said:

Designs are constantly updated and improved, look at Glock for example. 

ok . i  partially  agree .  now gen5 looks almost like g2 ;) discovered that earlier models was the best?;) but in ours army  abused glocks  shoot over 200k and more.

(u can't compare glock that made from best types of steel to any cz  that made from recycled  Scoda.:lol:)

cz  removed  material from critical area .less material in this place more fragile the area.

they only made cosmetical  ugly change  and didn't solve the problem , because they don't want that somebody will see cracks.:o

most people that by guns don't shoot so much ammo like u.

(R. Graham still shoot in ipsc?)

@yigal - what country are you from?

And as a general comment, manufacturing companies make "in line" changes all the time without ever announcing it.  Companies are always looking to improve their products and often, the changes don't warrant any sort of announcement or fanfare. It's just a small, incremental improvement to improve reliability, customer satisfaction, reduce warranty claims, etc.  That's what these cuts are.  Only time will tell whether the cuts make a real improvement or not.

7 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

@yigal - what country are you from?

And as a general comment, manufacturing companies make "in line" changes all the time without ever announcing it.  Companies are always looking to improve their products and often, the changes don't warrant any sort of announcement or fanfare. It's just a small, incremental improvement to improve reliability, customer satisfaction, reduce warranty claims, etc.  That's what these cuts are.  Only time will tell whether the cuts make a real improvement or not.

o.k .

that's fair.;)

I don't see how you think these changes will somehow weaken the area, according to everyone I've talked to who has experience with designs like this, it should in fact totally solve the cracking issue. An issue that only showed up in a specific batch of firearms from what I've been able to learn. This change also already exists in other CZ products, and hasn't been an issue there. As well, Tanfoglio suffers from the same issue occasionally, so it's not like it's a CZ only thing. 

As for Glocks, I've seen them fail at under 1000 rounds, I personally own 1 that failed at 2500 and had to be replaced (G17 Gen III). I've got Shadows with well over 100k rounds through them that are still shooting just fine. A gun is a mechanical device and those things fail sometimes. For the vast majority of people there will be no issue with their existing Shadow 2s, if there is, then CZ will fix it through their warranty services. 

u are wright .

its only hard working  mechanical device that can fail. 

in ours club all old shadows  sp-01 works 100% 

all ts and tso  works. only few have problems with magazines .

the only sh2  - all of them  failed under 10k.

i didn't liked the factory answers to any type of cz owners with other issues .(they even refuse change ruin parts by their gunsmiths . parts that cost ~ 2usd  on new guns)

that's is cz  warranty? 

i hope for u and all sh2 owners that this cut will solve the problem .lets wait to see this.;)

but i am know that   it's  wrong  solution.;)

and right solution is simple.:o

Edited by yigal

On 2/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, slavex said:

Flyingpig, interesting, you must have got one of the very first like that, as the earliest I've heard was only a few weeks ago. 

11/16 to be exact. Shipped out of Wisconsin. 4500 rounds so far. Running like a champ. On a side note, I will keep running this gun with the shock buffers. haha

Edit: #247 stamped on my frame for what its worth.

Edited by Flyingpig

if u can look  at  your old frame no. 116  in this pic. i think that u have crack at right side above the s.s.hole ?

check this with good magnify lens. ;)

about right solution .as we say on a cup of coffee.;)

newcut2.jpg

Edited by yigal