Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder issues

Is there a reason Dillon didn't put a threaded hole in the casefeed mount to secure the casefeeder? Mine keeps coming loose and its pulling the threaded boss out of the plastic casefeeder. It hasn't really been an issue, but its starting to move more and more now and I am likely going to have to have Dillon replace it soon.

Mine came out completely.  I called Dillon and they sent me a new part that I had to drill into the plastic.  It works better than the original. With the new part installed it doesn't even wiggle.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, Lazr111 said:

Is there a reason Dillon didn't put a threaded hole in the casefeed mount to secure the casefeeder? Mine keeps coming loose and its pulling the threaded boss out of the plastic casefeeder. It hasn't really been an issue, but its starting to move more and more now and I am likely going to have to have Dillon replace it soon.

I cannot picture what you are talking about.  Is this the connecting metal pieces that hold the casefeeder in place?  I never had a problem with that one but not sure what this plastic thing is you are talking about.  What ia the threaded boss?

If the threaded brass insert pulls out of the base of the case feed bowl, we have an oversized insert that is easily installed . The set screw is there merely to prevent the case feed bowl from rotating. We've also had customers put a self-tapping sheet metal screw in its place as well.

3 minutes ago, Lazr111 said:

It hasnt pulled out yet. I was considering something similar like dimpling it and reinstalling the screw. I don't think it should take much to hold it in place.022f76b813bda1718d8548eb62f9cf74.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Mine came out and as Dillon said, they have a replacement part that is easily installed.  I put one in mine and my casefeeder is rock solid.  Do yourself a favor and get the replacement part.