Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training tool for PCC

Hello: I bought this S&W 15-22 Sport a couple of weeks ago to practice with. I changed out the trigger to a Hiperfire 24 3-gun, Oden Works mag release, Hogue grip, MFT stock, KNS anti rotation pins, Taccom carbon hand guard, 22tacticool adapter, Next Level charging handle and I made an old style Benny Hill Thunder comp out of aluminum. I also bought some Plinkster 35 round mags as well. This has been a really fun rifle to shoot. I shot a carbine match last weekend with it and that was really fun and cheap to shoot. Lastly I am using a Holosun 510C with a red dot(thanks Rick(Neomet) for the suggestion on those). Only thing left to do is find a magwell that will fit it? Thanks, Eric

IMG_1354.jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer
2 hours ago, 3GLewie said:

I have a dedicated AR.22 with PSA blem lower and a CMMG upper with a Primary Arms micro dot. It has been flawless with thousands and thousands of rounds thru it. Literally zero malfunctions that I can remember.

Mine is very similar to yours.  Other than wearing out a firing pin after almost 10 years and thousands of rounds, mine has needed no other repairs or parts and has been pretty reliable. 

I attribute my few problems to poor ammo selection.  Now I only shoot .22LR with plated bullets.  The bare lead bullets just don't play well with it.

Hello: I went with the S&W M&P 15-22 sport since it was a cheaper option and the mags are cheap and work very well. It balances about the same as my AR9 and Sig MPX but is lighter overall. Using quality ammo makes it run. I am using CCI, Federal and Aguila which it seems to like. As in the past it does not like Remington at all. Only thing left to try is a 24C trigger and maybe a Jard trigger. Thanks, Eric

I added the spare Vortex SPARC II dot to  my CMMG dedicated upper with Boonie Packer Better Mag adapter for SW MP15-22  magazines to duplicate the Vortex on my PCC... had problems tracking a swinger weak handed Sunday, and shot 150 weak hand  shots with the .22 at the indoor range yesterday and 45 with the 9mm outdoors today... still having problems getting my weak shoulder forward

13 hours ago, nickbfishn said:

My daughters 15-22 won’t run mini mags, they jam every other shot. Standard velocity seems to work great. Anyone else experience this?

Hello: Mine will feed everything the biggest problem I have is making them go bang. The CCI mini mags, CCI standard velocity and the Aguila Super Extra high velocity are the only ones that have been 100% for me. Federal Auto match, Remington bulk have not worked very well. It almost looks like the firing pin is not quite long enough to give a bigger dent in the cartridge. I am using a shortened ISMI 1911 firing pin spring which is the same wire size and outside diameter as the original firing pin spring. Another thing to look at is the extractor. I bought a Volquartsen but have not used it yet. Lastly don't over oil these. A drop of oil goes a long way and clean out the firing pin hole after 500-800 rounds. Yes I shoot this a lot since it is so much fun to shoot. Thanks, Eric

2 minutes ago, nickbfishn said:

FTE seems to be the problem. Perhaps a new extractor? I will say the rifle only had about 3-400 rounds through it so far.

Nick: Clean the bolt up and firing pin hole. Remove the extractor and clean it, spring and plunger as well. Put together dry with just one drop of oil on each flat rail. Shoot it and see what it does. I was shooting a match last weekend when one of the guys I shoot with lost his extractor. It just popped out and was lost. He finished the match using my rifle. The young guy even beat me on some stages with my rifle. How rude. It showed me what I need to work on though. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, SergioSF said:

Nice Eric! That idea is awesome, and your gun looks awesome.

Does it feel like your MPX in terms of recoil, dot movement?

But now I'm mad at you for making me want one. :D

Hello: It shoots softer than the MPX and is lighter. It balances the same as my MPX and AR9's I have. It is just so much fun to shoot and I don't have to look for brass or reload for it. I have 15 magazines and load them up at home then go shoot it at the range. The Lightening Grip mag loader makes that easy. We have a carbine match here that you can shoot any carbine you have. People shoot AR15's,AK's, PCC's of all types and 22's. It is a fun match and cheap to shoot if you shoot 22's. I was a Ruger 10/22 guy but I think I like this more for just plan plinking and PCC practice. Thanks, Eric