Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Power Pistol

CWOUSMC

Has anyone had experience with Power Pistol powder?  A club member gave me an unopened 5# bottle.  I shoot mostly 200G SWC Plated, but sometimes I use the standard 230G Ball.  Some load data would be helpful.

Edited by CWOUSMC
Left something out

Shoot 40 major with it, kinda like the notion of a slow powder & lower peak pressure. I've been told that it seems like I'm shooting a heavy load (I'm at 170 pf), I wonder if it is sort of like an open gun, the shooter doesn't notice the blast behind the gun as much as the folks to the side. 

Need to shoot a couple rounds after dark & check out that fireball thing :) . 

i used it in 40 and 45 when i first started, because it is impossible to blow yourself up with it. much louder, flashier and more perceived recoil than the more popular gamer powders. I have most of a pound left that I will probably never use for any reason.

3 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i used it in 40 and 45 when i first started, because it is impossible to blow yourself up with it. much louder, flashier and more perceived recoil than the more popular gamer powders. I have most of a pound left that I will probably never use for any reason.

Same here. It is a very versatile powder, you can load everything from 380 to 44 mag, and it's fluffy enough that it's virtually impossible to double charge a case (in any caliber). It is loud, it does recoil a bit more, and it is flashy. I loaded up some 38 super once with it, a little over 8 grains...had the range owner turn out the lights on an indoor range and lit off a few. It was like camera flashes. I turned around after i cleared, and the owner was gone....he was on his knees crying cause he was laughing so hard.

I use it for 9mm, which it was originally designed for. In 45 Auto I prefer faster powders. It is louder than other powders in its burn rate but when I first started reloading I loaded 357 Magnum with H110. Power Pistol doesn't seem too loud to me.