Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A tale of two guns

konkapot

Gray CZ Shadow 2. 2500 rds of reloads/factory ammo with 100% reliability.

Black CZ Shadow 2. 500 rds of same ammo. 5 failures to extract. Two left empty cases in the chamber and 3 left the empty case partially extracted, but being pushed from underneath by the next live round in the top of the magazine.

I am new new new to the platform.

Suggestion?

Sounds like a extractor issue. Could be a spring or a faulty new one.  I would switch the uppers and confirm it does it on both frames.  (Easy to do because you have both handy).  Second you can take the slide off the one you know works and side a piece of brass under the extractor, then compare it to the slide that has the issue.  If it’s brand new and your not comfortable you can sent it back to cz and they will fix it.  Or you could have a competent gun smith look at it.  Just and fyi, those pins are a pain to get out and I would not re-use them.  

I polished the chamber lightly, ensured the gun was well oiled, and tightened the crimp on my ammo.

This helped a lot but the issue still occurs with less frequency. Will play with it over time; the gray one runs 100% and will be a match gun.

Will advise as I cipher through this.