Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA in Restricted States

jschweg

So in those restricted states, most still shoot 2011s with 10rd mags?

I guess you could get 10 rounds of 40 into a 1911 with a Tripp mag to make major.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yep. MBX sells 10rd mags but boy it’s a kick in the balls to spend that kind of money on a neutered magazine.

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 12:51 PM, bluedevil008 said:

ALL of my magazines are pre-ban ;)

Prove me wrong...

Depending on the state, there's no such thing as pre-ban. The mags are either 10 rds or less, or they're illegal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, tanks said:

Actually, there is a stay in CA on high cap mag law so pre-ban  >10 rounders are legal. You just can't buy them. Per USPSA rules if that stay is lifted then no one would be able to use high caps in sanctioned matches.

Is there any update on this yet?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Adamj said:

In restricted states shooting in the revolver division seems like the way to go. 

Not even. That would be like giving in to the idgits who signed the neutered mag laws. 

Thank god I don't live in a restricted state.  

If everyone has 10 rounds including open, it would be funny to watch open shooters carry 6 mags (or is their a limit on that too?)

2 hours ago, stick said:

Thank god I don't live in a restricted state.  

If everyone has 10 rounds including open, it would be funny to watch open shooters carry 6 mags (or is their a limit on that too?)

Why would they need to carry 70 rounds(6 mags on belt +1 in gun), when a stage is limited to 32 rounds?

Here in NY they do just fine with 3-4 mags. And limiting us makes us plan our reloads more carefully. And then when we shoot a big match in a free state, it's real easy when we don't have to plan reloads.

Edited by Postal Bob

Shooting with 10 round mags isn't nnecessarily bad, but the fact that some states have to makes it potentially disadvantaged if you were to go to another state where hi caps are allowed. 

1. If you are used to strategizing based on 10 round magazines, you may be unaccustomed to blitzing through a stage if you're used to shooting "Open 10". 

2. If you live in a restricted state and go to a competition in a state where full capacity magazines are allowed, even if you can get them, how are you acquiring them? Furthermore how are you going to practice getting used to mag changes with 155s etc. 

It doesn't totally ruin the sport (again, especially if its 10 rounds or nothing at all) but it definitely changes it. It forces your approach to be different. 

On 6/30/2018 at 11:35 AM, KrymSIX said:

2. If you live in a restricted state and go to a competition in a state where full capacity magazines are allowed, even if you can get them, how are you acquiring them? Furthermore how are you going to practice getting used to mag changes with 155s etc. 

If you get to know people in a free state, have them buy mags for you. A lot of people will get mags for you to use and keep for you when you go home. (That is if you wanted to stay completely legal). Or next time you visit a free state just buy whatever you want.