Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE-NE Regional Championship

On 2/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, jcc7x7 said:

I travel back and forth TX NY no problems.

Especially with a revo.

Match will probably send a letter that you are coming to a Match eetc

I'll check with the match officials Wed

Great thanks. New England plus Cali give me the heebee geebees

21 hours ago, swordfish said:

Great thanks. New England plus Cali give me the heebee geebees

Holy crap. 

For the 10,000th time:

THERE ARE NO LAWS AGAINST ANY OF OUR STANDARD USPSA COMPETITION EQUIPTMENT IN CALIFORNIA.

Especially revolvers.

I feel like CA needs a sign that says this. 

1 hour ago, MWP said:

Holy crap. 

For the 10,000th time:

THERE ARE NO LAWS AGAINST ANY OF OUR STANDARD USPSA COMPETITION EQUIPTMENT IN CALIFORNIA.

Especially revolvers.

It's like TERRORISM

They've got people scared with nothing done or being done.

Go and shoot and have fun

33 minutes ago, alecmc said:

Since this is nearly Canada, anybody clued in on if you can cross the Canadian boarder with guns after the match ? 

Getting into Canada will require a match invitation from the Canadian MD. They will want to inspect your guns. As long as you're rolling a revolver and the barrel is 4.25" or longer, you are good. 

Coming back to the US you will want to have a Customs Form, 4455 I believe? Any customs agency can fill one of these out for you, very simple. Usually takes 10 minutes. 

The best thing to do is call the border crossing ahead of time and see if they have any specifics, most crossings deal with this daily. 

Edited by MWP

22 hours ago, MWP said:

Holy crap. 

For the 10,000th time:

Especially revolvers.

lol you only told me once, and it was basically "new england is way worse than cali" but never said that Cali won't imprison me because I brought ammo that I don't have a license for or however the hell they run things there. Should I get a letter from a match director to take with me? I don't really think NY will be too big of a problem because it's only a 5 hour drive, but flying is another story. I just see in the news all the time of people flying to new york and getting arrested at the airport when they try to leave.

54 minutes ago, swordfish said:

lol you only told me once, and it was basically "new england is way worse than cali" but never said that Cali won't imprison me because I brought ammo that I don't have a license for or however the hell they run things there. Should I get a letter from a match director to take with me? I don't really think NY will be too big of a problem because it's only a 5 hour drive, but flying is another story. I just see in the news all the time of people flying to new york and getting arrested at the airport when they try to leave.

That would be Newark , NJ you are thinking of ;-)

Also the 929 is not listed on the NY SAFE act website as being "not an assault weapon" lol what and magazines are limited to 7 rounds, as per the official website. Since most gun owners don't know the difference between a magazine and a clip........

Also Cali has limitations/restrictions on ammunition, if I recall correctly. Also Cali doesn't seem to allow you to ship ammo anymore, as of this year, but I don't know if that's only for residents or what. Gotta be shipped to a dealer. Also apparently you can't drive it in, as per whatever website I'm reading. "

Can I drive in ammunition I bought out of state?

No. On Jan. 1, it will be illegal to import into California ammunition purchased in another state. The legislature passed a bill in 2016 that would have allowed hunters to bring in up to 50 rounds from out of state without taking it to a dealer, but Proposition 63 overrode that, according to the Department of Justice.

"

I'm on Cali's DOJ website can't really can't find anything, and it only mentions Olympic target pistols. Even did a search and still can't find anything. It looks like I'll have to contact them directly.

Edited by swordfish

Interestingly enough, California's laws regarding the recent ammunition importing apply to California residents. It says nothing pertaining to nonresidents. 

Mail your ammo, to whoever the match wants it mailed to. It's a pain to fly with 500-600 rounds anyways. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Signed up for this a while ago, still not yet approved to shoot. Do I mail payment anyway, and hope they approve me? Normally it goes the other way around, but maybe this match is different. I imagine the match isn't already full yet, but maybe someone just doesn't know how to work Practiscore or something.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, MikeyScuba said:

thanks.:)

Found the #'s on the main ICORE page.  No email however.:mellow:

[edit] time to mail a check!

I don't think they know how to email or write back. I never got a response from them, but I show up on their database as being a current member.