Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger Magpul SGA adapter

IntenseImage

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Stoeger m3000 freedom defense model. Stock too long for my comfort and balance. I have a sga magpul stock on order. Having difficulty ordering the adapter. There is one just released for the Franchi a anti shotgun. Will it work with the m3000 ( same company) .cant seem to find an adapter for the Stoeger on the net. The MAS company doesn’t answer. The phone so I can’t order the adapter. Any ideas??

This would be a great addition for my M3K, but MOA Precision doesn't have them in stock and worse yet they are totally lame in responding to emails (nor do they answer the phone) as far as inquires as to if they will ever stock them again. (even finding a compact stock would be a blessing, Stoeger Canada has them but wont ship to the US). Bottom line is Stoeger Company need to get their act together, there are a lot of people wanting a shorter stock.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, recoilchamp said:

Does anyone have any options for a softer recoil pad on the magpul stock? OEM one is still pretty stiff.

Resurrecting an old thread, but I have an SGA-to-Remington butted adapter, and then use a Limbsaver butt pad.  It's very sweet to shoot.

https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/stocks/stock-accessories/sgaoembutt-padadapter-remington-mossbergsgastocks.html

• 2 months later...

Good day everyone.

I've literally joined the forum 5 minutes ago.

I've been Googling for hours now and unfortunately this https://moaprecisionllc.com/product/new-adapter-system-for-magpul-sga-stock/

Is out of stock and not available anywhere else that I could find, and that's not even the issue I have.

The dilemma I have is I live in SOUTH AFRICA 🇿🇦  so, I don't even know if they would or have ever shipped that part outside of the USA before.

Firstly is there anyone on here that could sell me at least two (2) of those adapters and are willing to somehow figure out the shipping method which could be used.

Long story short, myself and a friend are all in on two STOEGER M3K's and want the awesome upgrade of the MAGPUL SGA STOCK. However we are here in South Africa 🇿🇦 please DM me if someone can assist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Branden.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, SED911 said:

Does anyone have one of the MOA adapters they'd be willing to sell?

Thanks!!

https://sjhardware.com/product/stoeger-m3k-stock-adaptor-for-magpul-sga-stock/

It's basically the same as the MOA adaptor and I can confirm that it fits & works, how ever it's an adaptor for the Magpul Remington SGA stock 

Edited by NoStepOnSnek88

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, NoStepOnSnek88 said:

https://sjhardware.com/product/stoeger-m3k-stock-adaptor-for-magpul-sga-stock/

It's basically the same as the MOA adaptor and I can confirm that it fits & works, how ever it's an adaptor for the Magpul Remington SGA stock 

Cool, thanks a bunch! I just ordered one; I'll see how it fits and let you guys know. Couple of additional questions: 

a) Does anybody know if the stock shims will still work with the part? S&J has a video online about the part, and it doesn't look like it. Not a dealbreaker if that's the case; I'm sure it'll be a huge improvement either way from the stock part. 

b) Is MOA Precision going out of business or something, or are they just always terrible about answering the phone/emails? I was debating sending my shotgun to them to have work done on it (loading port opened up, trigger, etc.), but if I can't talk to them, then that's obviously not gonna happen. 

39 minutes ago, Waikoalaman said:

Cool, thanks a bunch! I just ordered one; I'll see how it fits and let you guys know. Couple of additional questions: 

a) Does anybody know if the stock shims will still work with the part? S&J has a video online about the part, and it doesn't look like it. Not a dealbreaker if that's the case; I'm sure it'll be a huge improvement either way from the stock part. 

b) Is MOA Precision going out of business or something, or are they just always terrible about answering the phone/emails? I was debating sending my shotgun to them to have work done on it (loading port opened up, trigger, etc.), but if I can't talk to them, then that's obviously not gonna happen. 

Honestly I was worried about the shims as well etc... but in the end the MAGPUL stock fit me very well and it's a night and day improvement over the factory stock. I used some loctite on the bolt when I installed it as well. 

As for MOA Precision, I read a few weeks ago on Facebook on IPSC shotgun group or a STOEGER owner's  group that the owner has fallen ill and basically customer queries now has come to a complete halt. Maybe someone else has a more up-to-date feedback.

PS: I bought some skateboard grip tape and covered my fore end with it, as the stock checkering doesn't have any grip to it to be honest.

Edited by NoStepOnSnek88

On 1/30/2023 at 7:19 AM, NoStepOnSnek88 said:

Honestly I was worried about the shims as well etc... but in the end the MAGPUL stock fit me very well and it's a night and day improvement over the factory stock. I used some loctite on the bolt when I installed it as well. 

As for MOA Precision, I read a few weeks ago on Facebook on IPSC shotgun group or a STOEGER owner's  group that the owner has fallen ill and basically customer queries now has come to a complete halt. Maybe someone else has a more up-to-date feedback.

PS: I bought some skateboard grip tape and covered my fore end with it, as the stock checkering doesn't have any grip to it to be honest.

Wow, that's a real bummer to hear. Hope he improves soon; I was really looking to support a company from Oregon (due to their political situation), but I suppose a company from Canada is in the same boat, too. And good tip on the grip tape; I might do the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, quick update: Just got the adapter installed; it totally works with the stock shims! It seems like almost a 1 for 1 copy of the MOA adapter, just from looking at pictures online of the MOA one. Not so sure about the grip angle of the Magpul stock though; I'll keep messing with it and see if I like it. Even though the length of pull is shorter than the original stock, the adapter does add quite a bit of trigger reach, and I'm kind of mixed on that. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, dogtired said:

I have ordered from them on faith.  It was a similar wait but the product did arrive. 

I haven't heard any signs of small business crash and run yet, but I'm watching the 30 day mark to contest the charge if I don't hear anything.