Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger Magpul SGA adapter

IntenseImage

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard one that comes with it was perfect for me.  Try that one out before you go out and buy another one.  It's all personal preference at that point.

Thank you! Should all be here this coming week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/24/2018 at 1:11 AM, rambo331 said:

So have a question.... does anyone use an additional stock height spacer and which do you use? Just curious before I purchase my stock

I ended up not using the SGA stock because it changed the fit of the gun too much for me.  I use the 65mm shim with the factory stock and in that configuration the gun fits me well from a eye-to-bore perspective.  When I put the SGA on, it seemed like I would need a 70mm shim, which, of course, doesn't exist.  I did love the grip angle and the ability to adjust the length of pull - it just didn't seem to fit me well.  

I ended up not using the SGA stock because it changed the fit of the gun too much for me.  I use the 65mm shim with the factory stock and in that configuration the gun fits me well from a eye-to-bore perspective.  When I put the SGA on, it seemed like I would need a 70mm shim, which, of course, doesn't exist.  I did love the grip angle and the ability to adjust the length of pull - it just didn't seem to fit me well.  

Good to know! I bought a SGA stock and I’m waiting on the MOA adapter to get here (hopefully today) to install. I like the grip angle on the SGA so hopefully everything else will fit right!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Just recently put one on mine.  Heaven sent.  Could not get along with the trigger reach of the original stock, so for the heck of it I Googled 'Stoeger M3000 Magpul Stock' (since I liked the Magpul on my Maverick pump so much) and bang it came up.  Thought it was a mistake.  Again....Heaven-sent!

Edited by MoRivera

On 6/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, TalkingMonkey said:

I noticed that the adapter adds a little bit of length to the attachment interface - how is the reach to the trigger with the adapter+Magpul stock?  Is it still less reach than the factory stock? Anyone know when the adapter might be available from MOA again?

Actually, the length it seems to add just ends up being the same as on a regular Mossberg pump because the Mossberg's receiver extends back a bit further whereas the Stoeger's does not.  So it ends up being pretty much the same as on the Mossberg, a la it feels comfortably closer than stock.

Edited by MoRivera

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, MoRivera said:

Just recently put one on mine.  Heaven sent.  Could not get along with the trigger reach of the original stock, so for the heck of it I Googled 'Stoeger M3000 Magpul Stock' (since I liked the Magpul on my Maverick pump so much) and bang it came up.  Thought it was a mistake.  Again....Heaven-sent!

Anyone got a spare adapter they can sell me? MOA is sold out and I have the magpul stock just waiting to get mounted up.

Thanks

John

On 12/10/2019 at 11:59 PM, Brasspicker said:

Anyone got a spare adapter they can sell me? MOA is sold out and I have the magpul stock just waiting to get mounted up.

Thanks

John

Anyone? 

Somebody must have one that they done need......will pay retail plus shipping

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has MOA been out of stock on these for while? The reason I ask, I acutally designed this back in the day and did some prototypes on my 3D printer, and at the time I did not have the machines to mill this out, so I call Tom up at MOA (friends at the time). And gave him the design to make up and run. I am at the point now where we can actually make these things and if MOA is not able to make them, we can look into making them.......after all, even though I gave him the design, doesn't mean I can't make them here.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, TRUBL said:

Has MOA been out of stock on these for while? The reason I ask, I acutally designed this back in the day and did some prototypes on my 3D printer, and at the time I did not have the machines to mill this out, so I call Tom up at MOA (friends at the time). And gave him the design to make up and run. I am at the point now where we can actually make these things and if MOA is not able to make them, we can look into making them.......after all, even though I gave him the design, doesn't mean I can't make them here.

Tim

Hey tim 

I saw your post and I think I have the answer but I would like to put a tactical stock on my m3000 

The current adapter would not work with the pistol grip of most 590 stocks any chance that adapter you made could be modified or could I add enough shims? 

I have a wrist injury from years ago and pistol grips are much more comfortable for me to shoot 

If anyone else has any ideas fee free to chime in 

Thanks !!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, recoilchamp said:

Does anyone have any options for a softer recoil pad on the magpul stock? OEM one is still pretty stiff.

I've discovered the same thing.  I finally have my m3000 running well and it's beating me to a pulp.  

Looks like there's an adapter plate that allows you to put a limbsaver pad on there.  I'm ordering one up today.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Sorry for digging up that old topic, but I'd like to get one of those.

Has anyone got a spare one they would sell me?

Otherwise, if one of you guys could just send me via PM the exact dimensions of the part, I may be able to make it myself.

Also, I'd be interested to know if it fits every 590 stock or only that SGA one?

Thanks in advance guys.