Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounts for old DeltaPoint and DeltaPoint Pro

OPENB

Are the locating studs on mounts for these two sights the same size? I got a Henning dovetail mount for the CZ Shadow for a Pro, assuming the old DP would fit, but the studs on the mount are way too large to fit in the recesses on the sight. Before I order a Pro, I was hoping someone with experience with both can tell me if they are in fact different sizes. Is the Henning oversize, or did Leupold change the recess sizes?

I had been informed they were different footprints and needed different mounts...........the Henning  mount for the DPpro is the correct size for the DPpro and I believe a much better dot than the original DP.............buy a DPpro and use the Henning mount, you will not regret it

17 hours ago, race1911 said:

I had been informed they were different footprints and needed different mounts...........the Henning  mount for the DPpro is the correct size for the DPpro and I believe a much better dot than the original DP.............buy a DPpro and use the Henning mount, you will not regret it

This is what I did. On it's way.

17 hours ago, Garmil said:

ive had the deltapoint pro on an original deltapoint mount.  works just fine the deltapoint pro just hangs over the front. the studs and screw holes matched up fine.

Probably because the Pro has larger holes for the locating studs and the original mount has the smaller studs. Little stud will  go into a large hole, but a large stud won't go in the little hole. I guess I'll keep my old DP for back up gun.