Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Elite Gold Open Gun?

ksf141

36 minutes ago, Meli2127 said:

I would definitely stay away from the MBX big stick for TF.  I would go the route that kneelingatlas suggested.  I have the TF gold and two of the extreme witness one of which is converted to an open gun with compensator and threaded barrel.  There is no comparison when it comes down to the vertical muzzle flip and keeping the red dot on target.   The price is also a little cheaper when its all done.  I have worked on my Big Stick for ever and it doesn't seem to work with the Tanfoglios.

No comparison in what sense? Which setup are

you saying performs better?

I'm sorry for any confusion.  The best setup is converting an Extreme Witness over to the open gun it will perform much better than the TF Gold.  If you need any help I can give you some assistance on what exactly needs to be done.  I would have to communicate with you offline.  It's really simple if you have any mechanical aptitude at all.

I'm sorry for any confusion.  The best setup is converting an Witness Limited over to the open gun it will perform much better than the TF Gold.  If you need any help I can give you some assistance on what exactly needs to be done.  I would have to communicate with you offline.  It's really simple if you have any mechanical aptitude at all.IMG_3587.jpg.530c12346c6af24df506fb8d61f206b3.jpg

I'm sorry for any confusion.  The best setup is converting an Witness Limited over to the open gun it will perform much better than the TF Gold.  If you need any help I can give you some assistance on what exactly needs to be done.  I would have to communicate with you offline.  It's really simple if you have any mechanical aptitude at all.IMG_3587.jpg.530c12346c6af24df506fb8d61f206b3.jpg
Ok, thought you were talking about CZ vs Tanfo

• 2 weeks later...

I’m using 2 tanfoglio limiteds converted to open in 9 major. Working well so far. Canyon creek set up both of them.

May add some popple holes to the gun with the smaller compensator but so far have won the few matches I’ve shot with them. Easy transition from production shooting a stock 2.

I am using an MBX 170 currently. Can’t blame the mag for anything so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What compensator is that on your open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Witness Elite Gold Team

or

CZ CUSTOM 75 CTS LS-P

for base gun to start a build?

Cts ls-p is an odd choice for open. A regular TS would be cheaper and better imo.